It wasn't abandoned iirc, something else happened ;)

It was abandoned because something happened there ;)

that is pretty clear considering it's locked up tight with keep out signs and hasn't been presumably touched since at least the 70s. However, if your referring to the Borealis well no idea. All we know is it's some how connected to what was going on down there (because it's dry dock is located there) and that it's missing.

that it my take on it all, take with a grain of salt.

NOTE: I've had one thought, perhaps the Borealis was the Half-Life universe's equivalent to the Philadelphia experiment? i.e. maybe it was early research into portal technology that was more powerful but more unstable maybe? just a thought and might explain it's significance to the Half-Life games. Naturally this is pure speculation and may be totally wrong. Just thinking aloud.

4 levels in and I'm already stuck !

Has anyone got past this yet?

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541766098636116093/7F8E1689BCC21A300FD7E4359369B3B95E30F6F8/

Yes :)

Cant remember the exact locations, but the way I did it was to have one of the lasers pass across all three targets, but because of the angle, it only activates the first. From where you are standing in the picture, you place the box just around the corner on the left.

Surprised the 360 got a rough port, guess Valve just really didn't care about it after going to bed with Sony lol

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head/head2head-portal-2-screenshot-comparison/

Well can't the PS3 handle higher res textures than XBOX? Also the lighting looks better on PS3.

However PC will still look the best :D

Just finished it after one pretty continuous play through, it's god damn awesome. I missed stuff though (

Like the Borealis

), so I'll be playing through it again but at a much slower pace.

4 levels in and I'm already stuck !

Has anyone got past this yet?

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541766098636116093/7F8E1689BCC21A300FD7E4359369B3B95E30F6F8/

You can make all the lasers converge onto one point in the wall (near your blue portal), then make them go out through the orange portal(again, right near where you placed it). Keep the cubes in the main emitting room, not the area with the recievers.

NOTE: I've had one thought, perhaps the Borealis was the Half-Life universe's equivalent to the Philadelphia experiment? i.e. maybe it was early research into portal technology that was more powerful but more unstable maybe? just a thought and might explain it's significance to the Half-Life games. Naturally this is pure speculation and may be totally wrong. Just thinking aloud.

You know what, that is exactly what I thought as well, be very interesting if it develops out that way.

But I thought that

most of the docking area went with the borealis when it dissapeared, so what remains would be very little if anything

Its only just come out and youve finished it already?

Is the 10 hour claim by Valve lies?

Well I started it around 2pm, and I finished it at quarter to 10pm. But that was with an hour break for dinner and TV (damn show I wanted to watch was a repeat :angry: )

Going to be a long day, just got into work, my copy for the PS3 should be arriving from Amazon. Which speaking of, I received $25 in promotional credit for buying this game from them this time around, and it is not limited to just video games, it is for their entire site. Really cannot beat that deal, so now I will be getting LA Noire for $35. That is a win for sure.

More then likely only going to be able to link my PS3 (hopefully, I have a funny feeling there may be issues) and play for an hour tops if that. Knicks are in the NBA playoffs, it is game 2, and I am not going to miss that for no video game. :laugh:

Will be picking up my pre-order from GameStop in a few hours (360 version). Will be switching between playing it and the Gears of War 3 beta. If anyone's getting it on that platform and wants to do the co-op and its associated achievements (not now, but maybe in a few days), let me know!

Just finished it after one pretty continuous play through, it's god damn awesome. I missed stuff though (

Like the Borealis

), so I'll be playing through it again but at a much slower pace.

You can make all the lasers converge onto one point in the wall (near your blue portal), then make them go out through the orange portal(again, right near where you placed it). Keep the cubes in the main emitting room, not the area with the recievers.

That sounds like a much "nicer" way. It really didn't feel like I was doing it the way it was intended.

Loading is less then a second per level if that for me...

who cares, games like halo 2 on the original xbox would load at the start that way the game play would flow. doing something for a minute or two then seeing a loading screen is stupidly annoying.

Why would you use a controller for this game? :/

you can't really chill and relax when you have to sit up right with a keyboard and this game doesn't really need the precision of a keyboard/mouse

Well can't the PS3 handle higher res textures than XBOX? Also the lighting looks better on PS3.

However PC will still look the best :D

Lighting is the same, the only changes between the two console versions seem to be lesser AA on the 360, and different gamma & alpha handling.

Just finished single player ^^ I really, really love it! Very well balanced, it's a lot less repetetive compared to the first one, and it really never gets boring! Well done Valve, glad I bought it and supported you guys!

cloud sync isn't working between my PC and my macbook... started it on my PC but then when i try to resume the game it's not there on my macbook :s

cloud sync isn't working between my PC and my macbook... started it on my PC but then when i try to resume the game it's not there on my macbook :s

You can sometimes force it by restarting Steam on your PC

You can sometimes force it by restarting Steam on your PC

restarted both like 4-5 times each. it won't let me resume but it knows i have completed certain chapters and i can start from the start of a chapter. sounds like a bug to me or they did this on purpose.

awesome mac port though, runs great on my macbook and looks pretty good. core 2 duo 2.4 ghz, nvidia 320m, 4 gigs of ram, osx 10.6.7.

Screen+shot+2011-04-19+at+9.00.15+AM.png

Screen+shot+2011-04-19+at+9.00.27+AM.png

Screen+shot+2011-04-19+at+9.00.31+AM.png

Hey Athernar, are you going to make a Portal 2 Backpack viewer now? :laugh:

You could get a community moustache!

Indeed I am. P2B is just waiting on information back regarding the APIs needed.

I'll post back when I have something running.