yea im not goign to get to play tonight

Portal 2 decrypting triggerd my Raid 1 to resync for some reason, so the system is hammering the Drives by that AND decrypting the portal 2, decrypting beign slower cause of the resync

Dammit Valve, stop toying with us! :pinch: (yeah I'm getting that "incomplete installation" error too)

EDIT: I'm getting error 10, which is overloaded servers....wounder if this is genuine or are Valve just screwing around again?

I played through the first little bit, excited to continue after work tonight. Alas, I must head to bed.

I played through the first little bit, excited to continue after work tonight. Alas, I must head to bed.

You got it to run? lucky sob! been trying for 30mins but keep getting that damn error :(

EDIT: I restarted the Steam client and it works now :D I suggest the same to anyone else having trouble getting it to run too.

Finished the first chapter, and I must say GLaDOS is creeping me right out.

Also, massive props to the art designers. I can't stop looking at things!

Played a bit of single, then went onto co-op,,,,,,f-in awsome, love coop. We will have to have a thread of coop people,,, or is their a neowin group that it will put preferance in joining

im going to kick gabe newell in the balls for the amount of loading i have to put up with during this game...

love the full support for the wireless 360 controller though

im going to kick gabe newell in the balls for the amount of loading i have to put up with during this game...

love the full support for the wireless 360 controller though

Loading is less then a second per level if that for me...

OK, here's what I'm trying to figure out. The PS3 version of Portal 2 comes with a code for the PC version. Would I be able to buy Portal 2 for PS3, enter that code directly into Steam, and get the PC version without even needing a PS3? Or do I have to do something in the PS3 version of the game to get the free PC copy? Anyone know for sure exactly how it works?

OK, here's what I'm trying to figure out. The PS3 version of Portal 2 comes with a code for the PC version. Would I be able to buy Portal 2 for PS3, enter that code directly into Steam, and get the PC version without even needing a PS3? Or do I have to do something in the PS3 version of the game to get the free PC copy? Anyone know for sure exactly how it works?

I think the code just works on PC with nothing required on PS3 side. A couple of my mates have done a deal to buy the PS3 version and give away the PC codes to other mates.

Why would you use a controller for this game? :/

Why not?

Controllers has been around for PC for a long time. not just recently. Remember MS Sidewinder controllers, they came out before 2000 and were very popular. It's a matter of preference. You might like mouse and keyboard but there are some that has computer set up in a way that makes a controler more comfortable to use like a media centre PC with a large screen and no where comfortable to use mouse or keyboard in that position.

Ever try playing portal on a laptop with the computer on your lap? These are possibilites that suits different people.

Grats to all you guys who got a free copy of valve games for getting all the potatos :D

My job now is to avoid reading or hearing anything about the storyline until I buy the game

Been playing it for a few hours, love it!

in the retro 60's style test chambers with the repulsion gel in the abandoned section and just found the dry dock for the Borealis, so we now know it was one of their early experiments that they later abandoned, the plot thickens! (only thing that puzzles me is why would a dry dock for a ship be deep underground? :/ )

Anyone know for sure exactly how it works?

You have to link your ps3 to your steam account, or create a steam account

Been playing it for a few hours, love it!

in the retro 60's style test chambers with the repulsion gel in the abandoned section and just found the dry dock for the Borealis, so we now know it was one of their early experiments that they later abandoned, the plot thickens! (only thing that puzzles me is why would a dry dock for a ship be deep underground? :/ )

It wasn't abandoned iirc, something else happened ;)