You wish, I own two of them from the potato sack since before it came out, bit dissapointed by this though and not sure I want to spend money on the whole sack

you just have to wait for the community it will probley take them a day or two. if they work hard at it , it will unlock for everyone at that point.

Killing floor has 2000 something playing why is wonderful end of the world ahead?

It's probably on a curve, killing floor is one of the most popular games on the list.

Valve be trollin. There will be no early unlock.

Nonesense. It will release a couple of hours early, and then the entire activation system will break so it doesn't get unlocked for about a week.

Nonesense. It will release a couple of hours early, and then the entire activation system will break so it doesn't get unlocked for about a week.

In 15 minutes The wonderful end of the world jumped from 70 ish to 400 :D, we have hope. Killing floor would take ages though, look at the meter T_T;; I'd rather just wait it out, then make people who just want to buy these games to unlock Portal 2 faster... ouch... But it's a smart move! D:

Okay I'm confused what we have to do, Are we supposed to unlock 121,445 potatoes? out of them games or buy each of the 13 games till they complete the progress bar? Or are the progress bar indicators of how many potatoes unlocked out of the totalling amount?...

The only one I have is Audiosurf, and that doesn't work on Macs... poo

Okay I'm confused what we have to do, Are we supposed to unlock 121,445 potatoes? out of them games or buy each of the 13 games till they complete the progress bar? Or are the progress bar indicators of how many potatoes unlocked out of the totalling amount?...

Potato count is going up all the time so that is how many people have unlocked

Its counting people playing the games, not the Taters.

Oh so it's only an indication of how many people are playing the games? How many do we have to unlock.

I think this will take longer than the planned release date. :p

Anyway, Valve can still release the game whenever they like. It's not like we have any way to check how or when those progress bars move/end. It's just smart marketing imo.

Look at what I just found out.

Image of source: http://cl.ly/0B1r2I272n0u0f340i2S

I decided to photoshop the 1 bar we had (1% out 100%). 1% = 100,000 I presume x 100 = 100,000,00 patatoes...

Now anyway, I photoshoped the one bar and duplicated it till it reached 100 bars, and it doesn't FIT!, It only goes up to 99 bars until it represents a perfect fit of the progress bar. Are we being played?... I hope not.

The red bar represents 99 coloured in blocks, these blocks are 1 to 1 copies of the 1 bar we've unlocked already, so all the sizes of the bars are same, so it's not a graphical error.

Look at what I just found out.

Image of source: http://cl.ly/0B1r2I272n0u0f340i2S

I decided to photoshop the 1 bar we had (1% out 100%). 1% = 100,000 I presume x 100 = 100,000,00 patatoes...

Now anyway, I photoshoped the one bar and duplicated it till it reached 100 bars, and it doesn't FIT!, It only goes up to 99 bars until it represents a perfect fit of the progress bar. Are we being played?... I hope not.

It already took aprox. 1 hour to reach 100,000 potatoes. Then it should take about 100 hours to reach a million. I call BS for this marketing trick. :p

It already took aprox. 1 hour to reach 100,000 potatoes. Then it should take about 100 hours to reach a million. I call BS for this marketing trick. :p

It just doesn't FIT D: ... unless the final bar is supposed to be cut off? But this could be some EVIL PLAN deployed to get us to collect these damn potatoes :p FOR NOTHING!

Basically, the community needs to buy and play the "Potato Sack" enough and meet the challenges to unlock Portal 2 for everyone early, which is almost exactly what the countdown timer said yesterday :laugh:
So they want us to spend more money to get a game most of us have already paid for? What? Nice try, but no dice. I've already paid ?29.99, and they would like me to pay an extra ?27.22 for the chance of Portal 2 being released early? I love Portal, but that ain't happening!

I think it is a great way to drum up business for the smaller companies whose games are in the pack. also for those that are participating, you can run all the games at once easily on a modern gameing computer and just help out that way lol.

Anyone kind enough to gift me this game? :D :p

I will, if you can gift me a non-dislocated right shoulder.

Yeah, this is really just a marketing gimick to drum up business for smaller developers. Since I am sticking with the PS3 version to get it with a free version of the PC, does not really affect me since it will not affect the street date of it.

Speaking of which, I figured on my lunch break why not see if I could trick a Toys R Us employee into the fact that Portal 2 was already out. I almost had him. :laugh:

So then I went to GameStop just to try the same thing, and I swear some GameStop's just have the most annoying employees in the world, and it is no wonder I have all but sworn them off completely. These 2 kids that were there literally almost got punched in the face, that is how rude and annoying they were. I walked in, and the one said "Good Afternoon Sir," and when I said "so I heard a rumor that street date of Portal 2 has been pushed up, any truth to it?" He said no, not that he heard of, and he was respectful/nice enough about that. but immediately he goes into "so do you have a preorder of the game with our store?" to which I explained that no, I did not, I preordered it through Amazon. Immediately him and his coworker start making snide remarks, and the one says "why would you preorder with Amazon." To which I replied "To save $5." To which he immediately replied "We are also offering $5 off." I then told him "Amazon is also offering $20 of promotional credit, and not only that, I do not have to pay any tax either. Are you offering either of those?" So the one idiot responds "That is impossible, they are not offering either of those. Besides, everyone knows you HAVE to pay tax, not sure why you would think you are special and do not have to pay tax." To which I just replied "Excuse Me? Are you serious right now? Have you EVER purchased anything online? I can promise you I do not have to pay tax." And he starts going on and on about how I am wrong, was just truly a big dick about the whole thing. I literally just started walking out, and he really wise ass like says "Have a great day SIR" to which I replied "I will now that I am leaving this ****ty store" and the funniest thing about the whole thing is as the door is about to close, I hear the one kid say to the other "Dude, you really do not have to pay tax on Amazon."

These two morons all but sealed the deal for me. Gran Turismo 5 was the last game I purchased from GameStop, and if I can help it, it will truly be the last game I ever purchase from GameStop.

Rumors are that a blue portal next to a unencrypted PC installer of Portal 2 has been open while a orange portal has been open towards a torrent site...

Stay tuned :)

Yeah, that'd just be a rumor, retail disks are encrypted and only Steam can decrypt it (and it won't decrypt it until after the game is launched, not before)

It's pretty much hit-and-miss with GameStop employees, much like Best Buy employees. Sometimes you get ones that know what they're talking about, others you get jerkoffs like the guys you encountered.

I have to say this is isnt really funny anymore, Valve are just taking the ****.

Refund.

You're acting as if they're holding the game hostage from you. They're just giving you a chance to play the game earlier than the release date. It's not like you're not going to get the game you've paid for. It's not meant to be funny in any way, it's meant to promote Portal 2's release while simultaneously helping some independent developers in the gaming community -- I see nothing wrong with that.

I have loved every minute of the ARG i think it takes a lot of thought on their side to come up with something such as this that actually takes thought rather than skill to complete. and the at the end of it we all get to just play games.