PS3 finally hacked?

I'm a bit confused why in the YouTube that it takes a while to load the XMB background and music from the HDD, just like it was loading them from a Blu-Ray disc.

It's gonna be about ?100 delivered from OzModChips. Not as bad as I was first expecting...but still mighty expensive.

In fact to deliver it to North West England will cost ?91.46. I'm at the checkout page...maybe I could go halves with my parents if I get a good result from my French GCSE next week!

In fact to deliver it to North West England will cost £91.46. I'm at the checkout page...maybe I could go halves with my parents if I get a good result from my French GCSE next week!

I'd hold of buying it tbh, Sony will most likely patch this and it will be rendered useless

It has a firmware disabler. And anyway, I do have a 360 for LIVE...and one for non-LIVE...: p

I'm sure someone like Datel will end up copying it anyway and offering it for ?50.

It has a firmware disabler. And anyway, I do have a 360 for LIVE...and one for non-LIVE...: p

I'm sure someone like Datel will end up copying it anyway and offering it for ?50.

If you care about your trophies (yes some people do :p) remember PS3 drives aren't machine exchangeable.

If this news turns out to be true, it?s the nightmare scenario Sony has been dreading. After thousands of experiments carried out by hackers around the globe, has the Playstation 3 finally been hacked?

After years avoiding what some might feel is the inevitable, if videos are to be believed all signs are pointing to Sony?s flagship console being cracked wide open.

Exactly what is that device in the PS3′s USB socket? You?ll have to go to psjailbreak.com to find out, but currently the site is down. In the meantime, check out the videos below.

Source: FreakBits

If it requires modding your PS3, I don't think Sony has much to worry about just yet. Not to mention I wouldn't be surprised to see them put out a firmware update to try and fix this before it gets out.

Well at least they held out the longest, which is pretty impressive.

As mentioned before, it's been done under the radar. We are just now getting more public options.

OzModChips is a pretty cool store. I have been to their place, to get my xbox 360 jtagged and to get my friends wii modded, very good service. So although I am still a little skeptical about this whole usb dongle thing, I am quite excited because the videos are actually from them, as they are well known in Australia and I don't think they would put their brand name on stake for something silly.

Test PS3s look like this by the way

full.jpg

Once they show it with a Slim I'll believe more (easy to hide test above - the PS3 cover can be slid off easily).

In case no one knows test PS3s can have games installed to the hard drive.

Even if this turns out fake, Team Jungle joining forces with Team Hades is always another possibility :D

@DarkNovaGamer, nobody is arguing, we're just setting the kid straight.

guess what jail breaking os not illegal in the US anymore.

good news hope it works.

This is not jailbreaking and has nothing to do with jailbreaking.

Could still be a fake. inFamous can be downloaded from the PS store.

Also parts of the video suddenly go "night dark"

What I would like to see:

0: Put a ****ing huge light on the scene with the camera still showing the guy doing all this, the PS3 and the TV

1: Show us that the PS3 is empty with no disc inside.

2: Turn off the PS3

3: Turn on the PS3 using the method of switch then eject button showing the green LED

4: Show us a original PS3 disc. Scratch the cover, twist it, turn it, etc to show that it is legit.

5: Insert it in the PS3

6: Show us that it has been loaded like normal

7: Access the Backup Manager

8: Back it up

9: Eject the disc

10: Do 2

11: Do 3

12: Access the Backup Manager and load the game that was just backed up.

13: Play.

This is the only 100% way to show. Videos for now have been.......fishy.