PS3 finally hacked?

At their site now. I might actually buy one of these bad boys.

I wouldn't. There a possibility of a free alternative, and you're facing the danger that Sony can, and will, update and block it. Though from reading the instructions given with the device it looks like if they block it it will only affect people going to install it, but they could also delete the Backup Manager's installation files.

I foresee a mandatory PSN update in the future. By mandatory I mean they will block PSN access if you don't.

Probably won't be necessary, debug consoles will show up as debug consoles on the network. Most likely a way to tell legit from spoofed at their own end, not the user end.

Or else whatever debug key got dumped/leaked, it will be shown as connecting to the PSN 1,000,000 times laugh.gif

Just guesses of course, and again if this is real only issues for anyone who goes on PSN. For those that don't, best Sony can do is include mandatory FW updates on future game discs.

I foresee a mandatory PSN update in the future. By mandatory I mean they will block PSN access if you don't.

so what the did last time they got scared of a modded ps3.

They can only be real games, you can't just download a game from the Interwebz and install it on your PS3. This doesn't work like that.

They can only be real games, you can't just download a game from the Interwebz and install it on your PS3. This doesn't work like that.

Yup, works the same as a current debug units does.

Although with unsigned code being able to be run, if it is successful you'll no doubt get methods to play downloaded files.

Entirely possible, but they also end up finding updates that bypass their updates as well. It's a vicious cycle.

Although with unsigned code being able to be run, if it is successful you'll no doubt get methods to play downloaded files.

That's if anybody knows how to code that kind of thing on PS3. I would have thought that coding for it will be a lot more difficult for PS3.

EDIT: Another video:

Entirely possible, but they also end up finding updates that bypass their updates as well. It's a vicious cycle.

True but depending on how they block the device it might entail those people having to buy a new dongle every time.

Maybe now this will get Sony to take their Blog Share more seriously and start implementing what a lot of people been asking for, instead of little things like PS Store recommendations and a sparkly XMB?

Looks like i'll be turning off Automatic Updates now to see how things go with this device.

Here is what the newest version of the PS3 will look like

0ibm2v2.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Another video from redboxmods.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrsTTWpGfQU

Don't know if anyone knowtist this, but it let's you skip mandatory updates.

A full blue-ray game backup takes around 90 mins.

You can play Online from the backup.

Can't skip videos playing a backup game.

Once the program is installed, you can't remove it, ever.

The USB must be conected at all times.

"We've heard from numerous sources that PS Jailbreak clones will be hitting as early as next week. We'll leave it up to you whether you want to take a chance on something like that."

You can bet that will be the first thing they work on.

Also removing patches from rips is another process not unfamiliar to modders. Those won't be an issue.

You can bet that will be the first thing they work on.

Also removing patches from rips is another process not unfamiliar to modders. Those won't be an issue.

Maybe on the Wii, but some PS3 games for example required a FW that not long ago free'd up more memory in the system OS. Things like that just can't be patched out like they can on a very basic OS like the one the Wii has.

"We've heard from numerous sources that PS Jailbreak clones will be hitting as early as next week. We'll leave it up to you whether you want to take a chance on something like that."

Yes...I think I might. : D

Paying $170 for a 1st gen piracy device is a complete lmfao, so yes, if you're interested wait.

Maybe on the Wii, but some PS3 games for example required a FW that not long ago free'd up more memory in the system OS. Things like that just can't be patched out like they can on a very basic OS like the one the Wii has.

See:

Another video from redboxmods.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrsTTWpGfQU

For firmware that are actually necessary for compatibility with a game, you might see an implementation like the Wii (homebrew 'patches' to the OS that still leave the security hole in place but update the OS). Though that depends how big exploit is.

It's not really an exploit though as such, someone has just managed to dump the test debug consoles good bits, get away with that, then leak it. From my understanding anyway.

What you can do on the debug firmware isn't exploitation, the firmware itself is by default pretty much open a lot due to the developers needs.

Paying $170 for a 1st gen piracy device is a complete lmfao, so yes, if you're interested wait.

As someone on another forum said...they're probably building their initial investment because they know Sony will block it, so they need to make as big a profit as they can...and quickly.

i think that price tag has come from the fake site , i dont think they annouced prices or so psx-scene has said.

http://www.ozmodchips.com/ps-jailbreak-worlds-first-ps3-modchip-plug-and-play-p-68.html

I thought this was interesting read too:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/showpost.php?p=494262&postcount=271