IE9 download available!

I work since a half hour with the IE9.... visually I absolute don't like it.

-the back button looks unkind and unready

-the tabbar is not moveable.

-it's a beta and it feels like a beta.

"nice" is the new downloadmanager (looks a little like chrome at the question where to safe) and the other redesigned dialogs.

But the fastest browser? No! absolut no!

Definitive no compensatory for my current default browser.

But I know, of course, it's a beta. I will wait for the future versions, maybe it will be better.

is it possible to remove the download manager and have it as in ie8? I love ie9 but the download manager is just a big no for me.

I dont like how it doesnt show the download speed

Observations so far:

- Clever idea with using tooltips as status bar popups.

- They've permanently stripped away the traditional menu bar, being the only browser to do so. Chrome never had a traditional menu bar and the other three major browsers allow you to re-enable it.

- Turning on/off the command bar is a bit buggy.

- Still find hints of slowness on some sites compared to Chrome/Opera. Scrolling banners is one example: there's visible choppyness on IE9. Plus there's also the Peacekeeper benchmark...

- I managed to get one site's tab to be unresponsive twice.

- Finally, a download manager.

These observations are all off my laptop.

edit: Neowin is also locking up IE9. (N)

Thanks! Got it and already installed. Menus open much faster than on IE8. On first sight I cannot make out any speed differences to Chrome. Awesome program.

I see no more reason for Chrome on my machine.

Tipp: If you want a good ad-blocker, user Ad Muncher.

- They've permanently stripped away the traditional menu bar, being the only browser to do so. Chrome never had a traditional menu bar and the other three major browsers allow you to re-enable it.

Press Alt :p

I hate the back button.

I hate the tab placement.

I hate the unnecessary titlebar padding.

I love the speed.

I love the hardware acceleration.

I love the Windows 7 integration.

Overall, it's a decent upgrade but nothing groundbreaking. Back to Chrome.

side scrolling is a bit bugged still

it is slow with the keyboard, and side scrolling with the middle mouse wheel (gotta love logitech) is delayed, you press to side scroll and it doesn't start scrolling for atleast a 1/2 second

Why can't I install 32bit version on Win7 x64 ...

install the x64 version, it installs both

Hi, I have (probably a very simple) question.

Say I want to do a google search for (e.g) "Neowin". Before (in IE8) I would use the search box in the top right, but I now have to do it in the address bar, yes?

So I type in neowin and I press enter, of course in my history I've already been to neowin so it thinks I want neowin.net and takes me there. So I type in neowin again and delete the bit it automatically autofills (i.e. the .net bit) and press enter, it still takes to the main neowin site. How can I just do a google search for neowin? (or is the only way to type in google.com and then search for neowin?)

I'm obviously doing something very stupid, can anyone help me? Thank you.