IE9 download available!

It would be nice if you could shrink the address bar down as far as it goes, which is about the same size as a tab, but then when you go to use it it would auto expand so you can read more of it. It doesn't seem to do that though, it would be nice. I have 8 tabs open atm, and it's fine really, a bit weird but if you don't really care about how small you make the address bar you have a good chunk of room (depending on your screen res and window size).

So far here's the changes I'd like to see in Beta 2:

1) Thumbnails of websites on the new tab screen

2) Ability to move tabs to above or below the address bar

3) Ability to disable address bar (and maybe tabs) from webapps.

Stuff they need in Beta 2 -

* As said, website previews on new tab page

* Option to move buttons

* EXTENSIONS!

* A new UI for the bookmark manager/bookmarks bar... They look like they just got pasted on from IE8. Why can't they get a new UI :/

I take it the tab bar cannot be moved?

No, it can't. I figure they want you to try the pinning options. I expect them to have that in future updates though.

lol, I get this on facebook!

You may want to upgrade your browser.

You're using an old version of Internet Explorer to

browse Facebook right now. Facebook will work better for you if you upgrade or

switch to another browser.

Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8

Switch to

Firefox

Switch to

Safari

Switch to Google

Chrome

Gotta say the one thing I still hate about IE is its password management is very bad compared to chrome, opera and firefox. It doesn't remember my user name and pass on many sites and it keeps logging me out of some as well. Oh yeah and no spellecheck. Suprised at the lack of that.

IE installation was not responding and failed. Then I restarted and it seems like it was installed. Things I don't like:

• Back button being cut off (I'm sure they can fix this.)
  • Tab bar placement (Not much of a problem opening 8 tabs on 1920x1200 but it can be annoying on a laptop)
  • Lots of crashes.
  • Fonts look blurry, funky. Text doesn't display sometimes.

IE9 is working fine for me. Neowin actually didn't work for some time. It just wouldn't display anything.

On the first run IE asked me to disable add-ons. Actually I think this and the improvements make te navigation snappier.

Has anyone tried to download a file? Nice!

xp ROFL !!!! come on !!

side note can we not import bookmarks from other browsers

38173583.png

In the window that pops up you have 3 options:

• Import from another browser
  • Import from a file
  • Export to file

If I install the 64 bit version, will flash work?

64bit installer installs both versions, also, go to adobe labs, they're FINALLY working on the 64bit flash plugin, i installed it and it works well

edit: something else i noticed, the send feedback is glitched, it says i don't have the windows live ID sign-in assistant installed, maybe it's just not compatible with the one from the windows live beta suite, if so they really need to fix this

IE installation was not responding and failed. Then I restarted and it seems like it was installed. Things I don't like:

• Back button being cut off (I'm sure they can fix this.)

That's by design, Windows Phone 7 and Zune has the same technique (although normally cut off at the top instead of bottom) - I imagine it's part of the Metro design language.