October 2010 Desktops

That app (putty) doesn't display its name, it instead displays the server it's connected to (incase you have loads open) :)

TinEye got me this:

http://img.article.pchome.net/00/32/10/49//pic_lib/wm/1016424.jpg

http://www.vladstudio.com/wallpaper/?pacmanhalloween

I had to ask her where she got it, and then had to browse the site in order to find it. :pinch:

Thanks to the two for the effort :D

I wish I could do this with windows 7, with rocketdock or similar, cause I hate having the taskbar minimized and pop up sometimes when a new app needs your attention... also I can't find any good glass themes for rocketdock and I dunno what else is a good dock program other than that.

I don't know if you could faithfully replicate this in Win 7, I think you could get close but not identical. This is a genuine 24 inch iMac I got @ the office (I don't like it by the way).

@ home is a completely different story with an I7 Quad Core, Win7 Ultimate x64 machine that I really love and enjoy (with the same wall :D )

As for the dock, I'd wait for Object Dock 2 if you have a 64 bit computer. It can emulate Apple's dock very well.

why do you have two chrome icons in your taskbar?

One is chrome and one is chromium (yellow)...the "special" up to the second build of chrome. /off topic

what is the reese's icon for? you get to each a digital reese's peanut butter cup if you click on it?

it's an app called CandyBar which changes your dock & icons.

so does windows 7 suck so bad they need to make a windows 8 alreadyy?

Nah, it's more like.. Microsoft is returning back to the normal pacing of upgrades and releases. Look at MacOSX, and how often they release a new version of their Operating System. Look at Windows before XP came out. Windows 95, 98, 2000/ME, XP was 1-2 years after 2000. The only reason why 8 coming out in 2-3 years from now seems a shock to you is because Microsoft dropped the ball during the 2000s and waited 5-6 years to come out with a new version of Windows (Vista). XP is the exception, NOT the standard, people seem to forget this.