October 2010 Desktops

Finally on a new-ish comp with Windows 7, yay! This will most likely all change (going to do a fresh install of 7), just wanted to do a quick customize to familiar myself with 7 after being on XP for so damn long lol. Actually found some neat little apps. But yeah this is what I got after a couple hours of tinkering.

230837761.PNG

Wallpaper: Pac-man Halloween - Found in this thread

VS: Shine 2.0

Finally on a new-ish comp with Windows 7, yay! This will most likely all change (going to do a fresh install of 7), just wanted to do a quick customize to familiar myself with 7 after being on XP for so damn long lol. Actually found some neat little apps. But yeah this is what I got after a couple hours of tinkering.

230837761.PNG

Wallpaper: Pac-man Halloween - Found in this thread

VS: Shine 2.0

Hey what firefox skin is that? And where to get the wallpaper?

Running Windows 7 home premium with aero disabled and a custom non-aero theme installed, which looks pretty nice. Makes 'Steam' run much faster and games seem to enjoy the disabling of aero too. Desktop icons are disabled on this picture since people like to post their screenies like that.

desktop091010noicons.png

Did anyone find a link the David's leaf wallpaper? I went through the whole thread, but I didn't see one. It's nice and simple and has that Fall vibe to it.

Can you tell me what battery meter you use on the superbar please?^^

BatteryBar Pro, using the Win7Bar theme.

The usual suspects. Wallpaper is one I used a lot many years ago, recently re-discovered on an old hard drive. Link

post-94504-12866475623764.jpg

What VS is that? (and icon set)

Running Windows 7 home premium with aero disabled and a custom non-aero theme installed, which looks pretty nice. Makes 'Steam' run much faster and games seem to enjoy the disabling of aero too. Desktop icons are disabled on this picture since people like to post their screenies like that.

desktop091010noicons.png

Aero is actually faster than basic because of GPU acceleration. Games should automatically disable it when you run them anyways, at least in fullscreen. For desktop use, though, you're actually gimping the system down by having Aero disabled. I can't believe there's still people who think Aero is slower! ESPECIALLY on gaming systems...

Nevermind you lose the window shadows, the transparency, and it just looks worse than it's supposed to.

Btw, you said steam and games are faster... I'm on a mediocre, weak 8600 gts... and Steam and games such as Alien Swarm, Portal, and League of Legends all work perfectly fine with Aero enabled, and disabling Aero does not produce any noticable speed gain. However, some games disable aero anyways when you run them fullscreen, so using Aero for desktop use isn't hurting you at all. If STEAM is slow with Aero enabled, then something's wrong on your computer.

http://b.imagehost.org/0999/desktop091010noicons.png

Looks nice. I don't know about others but I don't disable the icons on desktop. I just don't have any :)

Haven't posted in a while, just got a MacBook Pro! Been a Windows dude from since I can remember and i'm lovin my mac!

The wallpaper is from a member's post earlier in this thread..

Mac10.9.10.png

VS is X2 Crystal, but I can't find a link for it.

Icons are Token. Link

Thanks for the link! Updating my desktop...

And for extra details:

- Wall: https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/909892-req-domo-kun-wallpaper-request/

- VS: Win7 Blend

- Used StartKiller and Presstart (both utilities are available here: http://www.tordex.com/startkiller/) to replace the Start button. I wasn't content on reshacking explorer.exe.

- For the taskbar shadow effect: http://www.zhacks.com/2010/04/11/add-shadow-effect-to-windows-7-taskbar/

Can you share this please?

See above ^

post-99705-12867367009216.jpg