Neowin Digital Gallery

tripod?

Something tells me he wasn't talking about the camera, unless you are referring something else by "tripod". shifty.gif

Something tells me he wasn't talking about the camera, unless you are referring something else by "tripod". shifty.gif

Yes I was not referring to the camera, though thinking about it, he could have taken the picture for, say, 17 seconds, walked in, and used a flash burst.

Mariana 5

5098494703_00ee28b01a_z.jpg

My friend Mariana Aranda. Shot was taken using natural light plus some compensation with a Sony HVL-F42AM flash on wireless mode. The lens flare is actually from the flash, it was slightly too far forward. I decided it looks good though. Monterrey, M?xico.

Camera Make: SONY

Camera Model: DSLR-A200

Lens: 18-50mm F2.8-4.5

Mode: Aperture-priority AE

Focal Length: 18 mm

Aperture: f/3.5

Exposure Time: 0.005 sec (1/200)

ISO: 800

some amazing images, especially the HDR, they almost look 3d rendered.

What sort of camera do you need for this, what about entry level and costs?

You can basically use any camera as long as you have a tripod (though having a camera that can take pictures in RAW format helps a bit). It's all done in software.

As for HDR itself, it is a technique that I personally do not like much since it is often abused and results in images that are waaaaaay too fake looking (you can immediately tell it's an HDR with the settings turned all the way up). It enhances local contrast at the expense of global contrast.

Horno 3

5100352283_4b7f85e48a_z.jpg

View of the entrance of the Horno 3 museum in Parque Fundidora. Monterrey, México

Mode: Manual

Aperture: f/8.0

Exposure Time: 0.006 sec (1/160)

ISO: 100

I'm really hating moonman right now. All his damn epic trips and epic photos. God, that guy has no life! :p

lol crazzy88! :p what can i say? :p

Mariana 5

My friend Mariana Aranda. Shot was taken using natural light plus some compensation with a Sony HVL-F42AM flash on wireless mode. The lens flare is actually from the flash, it was slightly too far forward. I decided it looks good though. Monterrey, M?xico.

Mode: Aperture-priority AE

Aperture: f/3.5

Exposure Time: 0.005 sec (1/200)

ISO: 800

i really like the quality of light here.

agreed!

:o noooooooo not u sin-ergy!

Real nice moonman, real nice!

:o thx mrk!

improving everytime!

good stuff

Some really amazing photos by everyone this month. moonman, that banff set is sick. It makes me want to move back to BC.

:p, its a pretty place for photos!

Horno 3

View of the entrance of the Horno 3 museum in Parque Fundidora. Monterrey, M?xico

Mode: Manual

Aperture: f/8.0

Exposure Time: 0.006 sec (1/160)

ISO: 100

interesting place!

us hiking to the glacier!

5098091653_b3cb1d4664_z.jpg

Nice color on the duck shozilla!

[snip]

Thanks. Great photo you have there! Here is another of duck with water on it's back which looks like an ice! Look below:

good stuff

[snip]

Thanks! Great photo!

Here is another picture of duck:

post-277494-12876364658203.jpg