Neowin Digital Gallery

You can basically use any camera as long as you have a tripod (though having a camera that can take pictures in RAW format helps a bit). It's all done in software.

As for HDR itself, it is a technique that I personally do not like much since it is often abused and results in images that are waaaaaay too fake looking (you can immediately tell it's an HDR with the settings turned all the way up). It enhances local contrast at the expense of global contrast.

What about mine? I think it's on page 3! :)

5106180514_023388bef5_z.jpg

:'(

Well some how my SD card broke while in the camera... I don't know how this happen. The card was never mistreated in it's 2 years of use. I put about 20k photos on it. I guess it's off to my back up Extreme II :/ It's falling apart and not useable any more.

Anybody wanna give me $35 for a new one? :)

5106180514_023388bef5_z.jpg

:'(

Well some how my SD card broke while in the camera... I don't know how this happen. The card was never mistreated in it's 2 years of use. I put about 20k photos on it. I guess it's off to my back up Extreme II :/ It's falling apart and not useable any more.

Anybody wanna give me $35 for a new one? :)

The pins in my 400D for CF card snapped off about 2 months ago. Anyone got ?1k for a 7D? xD

Any damage to the camera?

Can't you just buy a new card off eBay for about $5?

But you can not trust eBay sellers because you could be ripped-off. Sometimes, you get lucky if you got a good item from one of the good sellers. There are some bad sellers on eBay.

Just be careful with the dead/bad items on eBay.

The pins in my 400D for CF card snapped off about 2 months ago. Anyone got ?1k for a 7D? xD

Any damage to the camera?

No, but it's slightly harder to pull the card out of the SD slot now... :(

Can't you just buy a new card off eBay for about $5?

I don't touch eBay for anything.

But you can not trust eBay sellers because you could be ripped-off. Sometimes, you get lucky if you got a good item from one of the good sellers. There are some bad sellers on eBay.

Just be careful with the dead/bad items on eBay.

I've bought hundreds of dollars worth of stuff off eBay and I've never had a problem.

I don't touch eBay for anything.

Your loss then. Could've saved $30 :laugh: I've bought all my memory cards off eBay (three CF, two SD) and I'm still using them without any problems!

I've bought hundreds of dollars worth of stuff off eBay and I've never had a problem.

Your loss then. Could've saved $30 :laugh: I've bought all my memory cards off eBay (three CF, two SD) and I'm still using them without any problems!

1.) I'm not going to buy another

2.) I got burned on 2 out of 2 products i've purchased from ebay. 1 was a cell phone battery that didn't work properly. Another the product was never delivered. Neither eBay or PayPal helped me out, so fook eBay. :/

Some Memory cards on eBay could be relabeled products, so check for ACTUAL performance. I've heard many reports of fake Sandisk Extreme III or IV cards (being much lower performing generic cards).

_MG_3258And12more_HDR-2.jpg

A semi flooded room at West Park Asylum, Epsom, UK.

_MG_3175_6_7_HDR.jpg

An old electric typewriter lays lonely.

How do you get that grey/brownish look on these two pics or is it just grayscale and sepia?

While I'm personally not keen on Norte?o music, I went to this expo to eat (since there is tasty food) and the band was playing. I took the chance to take some photos.

The Drummer

5117199454_ce25672052_z.jpg

A drummer from one of the Norte?o music groups that played on Saturday during Expotec 2010 at Tecnol?gico de Monterrey. Monterrey, M?xico

Camera Make: SONY

Camera Model: DSLR-A200

Lens: 70-210mm F3.5-4.5

Mode: Manual

Focal Length: 210 mm

Aperture: f/5.0

Exposure Time: 0.005 sec (1/200)

ISO: 200

How do you get that grey/brownish look on these two pics or is it just grayscale and sepia?

It's a mix of many things from shadow detail and curve changes to desaturation and highlight recovery - I use Lightroom for all changes. Just a straight sepia/grayscale results in an image that looks too flat and dull.

The two pictures you've quoted are HDR as well.