Show us your workstations!

I don't really care for transparency etc. Figured it would just use more resources. Regular looks fine to me hehe.

But you left it enabled on the weaker machine. Aero doesn't require that much in resources, ESPECIALLY not on a full-blown i7 gaming machine. 60-100mb of RAM is used at most, to make the UI much more responsive and smoother and overall better looking. Also, without aero, you lose display composition which means every window on your screen has to redraw using your CPU each time you move a window and you don't get thumbnails or peek or other UI features Windows 7 added. With Aero on, the GPU accelerates the desktop and it doesn't have to redraw things as you move them constantly. It makes very little sense to have Aero disabled on a strong machine, but enabled on a weak machine... especially if you turned it off because you're worried about resources. The gaming machine has way better resources than your other machine listed. oO

logitech illuminated keyboard.

i've got one too... very nice.

It's what I got too, they are amazing :)

The lighting is great, but I'm also a fan of the low-profile keys ( that still have the same full fluid motion of full sized keyboards, rather than like most laptops )..

Heres mine :rolleyes:

care to tell us where you can find that chair?

the one in this pic - https://www.neowin.net/forum/uploads/monthly_10_2010/post-16510-12884468891249.jpg

My latest attempt at minimalism, pretty happy so far...

post-127578-12873305735787.jpg

HP 200XT All-In-One (Core i3, 4GB, Win 7 Ult Ed. x64), Samsung/AT&T Captivate and a not pictured Sony Vaio W netbook that I put an SSD and extra gb of RAM into.

mousepad pls?

With all that space, I am guessing u are using not even 10%. I have a 1TB drive and I only use about 30% of it.

My internal drives of Desktop + Laptop = 7.5TB (roughly), I use more than 65% ;)

It has been a year since I last posted an update on my workstation. Nothing has really changed except that I added a second monitor, an LG W1953TE 18.5'. I also love the dual-monitor set up. Has allowed me to go almost completely paperless in my work.

post-183823-1289171435117.jpg