Sucker Punch: Half a PS3 is better than a whole 360

Wasn't there a PS3 exclusive dev that said in the past their game couldn't be done on the 360, but then turned around a couple years later and said they were considering 360 development?

People bash blu-ray... but you do realize that is how you get to watch your movies in 1080 Full HD, instead of crappy yesterday's 480p DVD rubbish, right? Nevermind the fact that you can hold MUCH more data on a blu-ray than you can even a DVD9. So, if blu-ray is so useless and bad, what do you use to watch your movies on your HDTV?

People bash blu-ray... but you do realize that is how you get to watch your movies in 1080 Full HD, instead of crappy yesterday's 480p DVD rubbish, right? Nevermind the fact that you can hold MUCH more data on a blu-ray than you can even a DVD9. So, if blu-ray is so useless and bad, what do you use to watch your movies on your HDTV?

Those who hate on bluray either don't have a bluray player or don't have a good enough HDTV to see the difference full 1080p offers.

My HDTV is my monitor, and I use downloads on it.

Blu-Ray is great on size alone, but the PS3s use of it not so much.

I'm sure the PS3 is more powerful... Id actually hope so... As much as it cost them to research the technology for it and the fact it came out a year after the 360. Not fanboy words as I own all 3 systems and am anxiously awaiting GT5.

LOL you guys are ridiculous. STILL arguing PS3 vs 360?

Just buy the one that has the games you want to play most, or both of the consoles, and be done with it.

Nothing can be done on PS3 that can't be done on 360 and vice versa. Sure, one system may do one thing slightly better than the other, but who the hell cares?

I don't doubt it.

But the Xbox outsells the PS3. Guess people don't care that much about power (well, unless it is as weak as the Wii)...

Fanboyism in general is a pathetic excuse for any post or remark. Who cares which one is more powerful? Like mrp04 said realistically it is about what games you are after. I bought a PS3 cause I wanted to play Heavy Rain and a few other fantastic titles. I have my PC as well for other specific games. The only reason that I don't own a 360 is from all the hardware failure rates I've heard. Don't really want to deal with warranty headaches.

well being a ps3 owner I think the dev are full of it.. lest face it the PS3 console is acutally low end garbage..

IBM PPC 3.4GHZ single core (also knowen as the cell CPU) but intreallty its only a IMB PPC CPU .. u knwo the ones they used on the old macs before switching over to Intell..

256 Main Memory. my windows 98 pc had more memory then that 10 years ago

256 RX Nvidia, so big deal, pcs had 256MB cards ever since AGP days..

so they program infamous2 on hardware that can only out put 3.4 GHZ Single Core, 256MB main Memory and a tiny video card to go with it...

now if they took full advance of hardware they coudl inthory program it for a Quad3.0, 4GIG Memory, 512MB/1GIG video, and x64 instruction set..most stander pc can do that.. and yes the PS3 and the Xbox could NOT do that. Like I said before, hardware that LOW is for casuel gaming and not for any hardcore gaming.

but saying the PS3 can do something the Xbox can't is childs play (beside the blu-ray) hell my pc can write Blu-ray disc let alone play them.

Funny that seeing as the cpu's are "related" and the GPU in the 360 is far more superior.

Blu ray? Who the f cares about that. MS certainly doesn't or they'd have backed it. Instead they watched Sony throw money away and laughed their ass off.

Yeah because blu-ray was a total failure lol

Blu-ray has been successful. It won't be as long lasting as DVD however. Digital download content as well as SD/Flash cards will continue to take over as the new distribution.

well being a ps3 owner I think the dev are full of it.. lest face it the PS3 console is acutally low end garbage..

IBM PPC 3.4GHZ single core (also knowen as the cell CPU) but intreallty its only a IMB PPC CPU .. u knwo the ones they used on the old macs before switching over to Intell..

so they program infamous2 on hardware that can only out put 3.4 GHZ Single Core, 256MB main Memory and a tiny video card to go with it...

now if they took full advance of hardware they coudl inthory program it for a Quad3.0, 4GIG Memory, 512MB/1GIG video, and x64 instruction set..most stander pc can do that.. and yes the PS3 and the Xbox could NOT do that. Like I said before, hardware that LOW is for casuel gaming and not for any hardcore gaming.

but saying the PS3 can do something the Xbox can't is childs play (beside the blu-ray) hell my pc can write Blu-ray disc let alone play them.

Thanks for posting that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Wow! That really was quite an impressive amount of ******** in one post.

If I hadn't have enjoyed inFamous so much, SuckerPunch would have made my list of companies to blacklist.

I hate that ****ing smug attitude, especially when the asshat hasn't even tried to develop games on any other system.

this being the only part I'm going to respond to directly

No. The Power architecture has evolved, and only the integer part of the Cell processor is from that lineage. The SPUs do all the floating point, and they're what makes the Cell unique.

You might want to read up on it, because while the integer elements of the PS3 are fairly weak, the floating point elements beat other processors down.

How the hell they know, they haven?t made a single game for 360. Just cause there 1 game came out really good that doesn?t make them credible for the whole gaming industry. Instead of making Infamous 2 why not make another game with whole different story and see if that lives up to infamous.

And same goes for bungie, but unlike sucker punch they aren?t taunting 360 vs. ps3.

Blu-ray has been successful. It won't be as long lasting as DVD however. Digital download content as well as SD/Flash cards will continue to take over as the new distribution.

Keep believing that. Blu-ray isn't going anywhere.