[Definitive] Best Windows Phone apps

Small bit of marketplace news today. The marketplace has broke the 12,000 mark and as of right now is sitting at 12,120. Over 3,000 new apps were added in the month of March, which is the highest it's every been.

My link

i like supertube, but I wish you could dl to your phone.

Um.. you can download videos to your phone.

I'll list some new ones here...

WeatherDuck - better presentation on the live tile front than weatherbug

TV SHOW - best presentation on the UI for tv show tracking, and adds live tile support

Pro Sports Scores - BEST (period) Sports score app - has a live tile that updates every 30 seconds on the score, live tile presentation is awesome has scores on jerseys

Urbandictionay and Ark Words - Both live tiles..

MyBudget - best budget app out there, includes live tile also

BringCast - best podcast app

PES 2011 - Who thought a game can be this thorough and fun!?

TripAdvisor now on Windows Phone 7

zune://navigate/?appID=180b0f46-e753-e011-854c-00237de2db9e

OpenTable now works for me after the NoDo and HTC updates so it now gets a vote from me.

videos dont show up in zune, so they cant be on my phone

Supertube downloads videos, but due to developer restrictions, there is no API on saving video content to a user's media library in the same way pictures can be saved. As such, it downloads videos but cannot save them to the media library, and they don't show up in Zune. They're saved inside the app, however.

I downloaded endomondo a while ago and been using it daily when i'm out running - worked flawlessly for me so far

Adobe Reader

Converter (HTC)

Facebook

Level (Microsoft)

Photoshare (My own app on marketplace for sharing photos with random users around the world)

Shazam (finding songs on the go or when I'm working)

Tesco Real Food (used this a couple of times to try out new meals)

Twitter

Marketplace trackers windowsphoneapplist.com is currently tracking 15,054 apps in the U.S. Marketplace. WP7applist is tracking 14,895 applications and explains 957 of them are inactive, 39% are available for free and the average price is $1.73 per paid application. Microsoft?s Windows Phone Marketplace is growing at an impressive rate. The software giant added 3,000 applications in April alone after reaching its 12,000 milestone in late March. WP7applist says that 155 apps are updated on average each day. In the last 24 hours, 75 apps were updated and 81 were added.

Luigi Violin, who founded WP7applist, says he expects the Marketplace to reach 30,000 applications in time for its birthday in October. ?If I had to make an exact average of daily new releases, the Marketplace should hit 25K in the first days of October, but as the trend is slightly increasing I?d guess we?ll be well over 30K,? he said in an email statement to WinRumors. ?It?s still growing at a nice rate, and even at a noticeable increasing rate lately so it really looks in full shape,? he added.

If they hit 30k in Oct then I'm expecting 50k by Jan 2012. Things really should pick up once Mango and all the new APIs land.

• 1 month later...

Wordament is one of the more addicting games I've played. And it's free!

I made a Google Reader App for WP7 called Doppelreader.

Free and Paid versions available.

You can do 99% of the things you can do in the actual Google Reader, and then some.

Some people make apps and just sell them but I actually use my own app because its very useful for any Google Reader user!

Get Doppelreader:

SDoppelreader_20115251562.png

Get Doppelreader Free:

SDoppelreader_Free_201152515112.png

Or just search the marketplace for "Doppelreader"

• 2 weeks later...