[Definitive] Best Windows Phone apps

• 3 weeks later...

Some updates & great apps:

* Facebook 2.0 <- push support added

* Official 4 square app updated <- No longer sucks

* 4th and mayor has major update - 2.1 - very nice!

* FlightAware official app released

* LastFM Updated

* KiK messenger released

* Betty Crocker cookbook (yeah, its actually pretty good lol)

* Engadget App officially released (hell froze over)

* NY Times Reader

* DC Comics App

A lot of stuff was actually released this week

oh yeah, angry birds finally came out :)

official FoxNews app looks real nice with live tile. official accuweather looks nice also. and if your in the seattle area the official amazonfresh app is really nice.

Apps i use;

Facebook

Twitter

GeoDefense (such an amazing game)

Logic games chest (Sudoku, Chess and Minesweeper ;D)

Board Express Pro (WP7 Tapatalk client)

Flashlight (HTC only)

Microsoft Research's Academic Search - A must for anyone who has a Windows Phone and is doing a degree course.

Kik Messenger

Evernote

Gowalla

MoBank

Foursquare - 4th & Mayor crashes every time I check in since version 2.0

Link 2iN - Linked in Client

MSN Onit - US only but has some decent information

Snow+Rock Pathfinder

Pomodoro

Welsh Kitchen

Yell UK

Bing Image Search - for those that want to search images. Pretty useful :p

Imgur Uploader - for quick image uploading to a generally anonymous image sharer, and quick to share photos too.

Erm.... Artist Info - for those like me that miss some of the Zune HD's more interesting little additions, like artist bios, photos and the screensaver.

Glad that Evernote finally made it to WP7. Now if Dropbox/SugarSync would just get off their asses and do the same.

I like that Colbert got his app out too (The W0rd).

Has anyone found a good app to upload video directly to Skydrive?

This one isn't out at the moment, but I use it on my Android Handset, Kindle for WP7 looks pretty good.

Anyway I have these apps, some may be duplicating functionality I already have on the HD7 but i'm looking at which one has the best functions:

(Snip)

My WP7 Idea (Great App for suggesting WP7 features you want, a little sluggish but refreshes every time you load it)

(Snip)

Is this app removed from the marketplace? I can't find it anywhere. ? Sounds like a good idea.

Some Good apps:

4th & Mayor

Notes

Seesmic

WeatherBug

Thumba Photo Editor

Photo Stylist

I'd recommend the following games:

Fruit Ninja

Shuriken Ninja (free)

geoDefense

ilomilo

Just downloaded Beards and Beaks. Looks like it's the first app to include in app purchases, I might be wrong about that though.

• 1 month later...

Is there a Twitter client on WP7 that doesn't suck and includes Push messaging? Rowi is close to what I want out of twitter, but push alerts seem to barely work. If that.

I also can't get the onscreen keyboard to pop up when logging in to birdsong or motweets. Must be a Mango Beta 1 bug (That's all that's been ported to the HD2 from Mango.) so I can't use those.

Is this app removed from the marketplace? I can't find it anywhere. ? Sounds like a good idea.

You're right, looks like it was removed. I'm not sure why though.

Is there a Twitter client on WP7 that doesn't suck and includes Push messaging? Rowi is close to what I want out of twitter, but push alerts seem to barely work. If that.

I also can't get the onscreen keyboard to pop up when logging in to birdsong or motweets. Must be a Mango Beta 1 bug (That's all that's been ported to the HD2 from Mango.) so I can't use those.

I just use the Official one from Microsoft it lacks push notifications but works extremely well. Push notifications have issues on all versions of WP7 prior to Mango AFAIK.

You're right, looks like it was removed. I'm not sure why though.

That's odd. I would have installed that app as well. Was it a Microsoft App or a 3rd party app if you don't mind my asking. Maybe it will come back or maybe they got too much feedback... LOL

I guess it could have been an internal app for Microsoft employees to make suggestions that accidentally made its way into the public marketplace even...

Push notifications have issues on all versions of WP7 prior to Mango AFAIK.

Oh I wasn't aware. Well, it looks like by the time I get my HD2 back from HTC Mango RTM should be out for us.

• 5 weeks later...

Man, can I just say Mango is freaking sweet?

Bing Music is awesome, no need for Shazam anymore. Scout is pretty sweet, and deep-linking with foursquare is awesome.

I like Pro Sports Score, super shopper, weatherlive is the best weather app out there, ... lots more goodies. Shurikan Ninja is a sweet game.

when will we get a good weather app that updates the live tile not just once a day?! and one that actually tells the temperature we feel (when you add factors like humidity, wind, etc...)

when will we get a good weather app that updates the live tile not just once a day?! and one that actually tells the temperature we feel (when you add factors like humidity, wind, etc...)

U can do this with htc via the HTC Hub, other phones, keep looking !

Weatherlive is the nest updated hourly with timestamp

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have or know of an app like Shazam etc? I can't seem to get that or Bing music search in Greece, so i'm left out in the cold on that.

Anyone have or know of an app like Shazam etc? I can't seem to get that or Bing music search in Greece, so i'm left out in the cold on that.

now that makes me raging why some apps available in some region and others aren't

Isn't Shazam available?

Nope it's not. If I open a direct link to it in the Zune Client it doesn't give me the option to download it. And just doing a normal search for it doesn't bring it up. For a bit I thought they pulled it from the marketplace. I have no clue why they don't offer it in my country.