[Definitive] Best Windows Phone apps

Try selecting UK or USA as your region/country. Most services will then be available. I live in Canada and that's what I do.

Nah, it's not the service, the services work fine, it's just some apps, depending on the dev and how they release it that only show up on specific countries, and I can't change my region on my PC because if the PC's locale doesn't match the live ID locale then Zune won't login on the PC anyways. The locale on the phone is set to the UK though.

apps are the only thing keeping me from owning a windows phone. My wife has one and is happy with it, but she doesnt use much more than facebook. but I love the look and feel of windows phone

• 2 weeks later...
Nah, it's not the service, the services work fine, it's just some apps, depending on the dev and how they release it that only show up on specific countries, and I can't change my region on my PC because if the PC's locale doesn't match the live ID locale then Zune won't login on the PC anyways. The locale on the phone is set to the UK though.

Try SoundHound : http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/6bae10bf-e831-49b7-a51f-cee8e91c7b1d

Direct link to Shazam: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/2f8d5271-2b81-e011-986b-78e7d1fa76f8

Thanks for the links, Shazam won't work, I get bounced to my local marketplace which doesn't have it in it's listing etc, but it turns out SoundHound works so I'll go with that one now.

Thanks for the links, Shazam won't work, I get bounced to my local marketplace which doesn't have it in it's listing etc, but it turns out SoundHound works so I'll go with that one now.

If you're still using an Optimus 7, you can edit the registry to browse the UK / US maketplace on the phone instead. Not sure if it'll let you download though, I'll check that now.

Check this out:

MoBudget - quick expense pin (deep link)

MoBudget - live tile app pin

Livescape - live tile app pin

Livescape - quick water add pin (deep link)

Fuse - live tile app pin

Foursquare - live tile app pin

Appflow - livetile app pin

PrimeTV - livetile app pin

Smart Shopping - localized shopping store list app pin (deep link)

Pro Sports Score - live tile app pin

Flixter - local favourite theater app pin (deep link)

Inrix - local road information app pin (deep link)

uTorrent - livetile app pin

Also - Battery status, true multitask toggle, wifi and 3g settings,

Weatherlive, local and current livetile app pins

flickr - live tile app pin

flickr - contacts activity app pin (deep link)

All within a couple of movements I see all my info. Freaking love it.

post-33407-0-17600800-1321082401_thumb.j

post-33407-0-27584300-1321082416_thumb.j

If yours is unlock, you can pretty much download Shazam and deploy it manually. That's what I did with Kindle (not available in Canada), and some others.

If you're still using an Optimus 7, you can edit the registry to browse the UK / US maketplace on the phone instead. Not sure if it'll let you download though, I'll check that now.

This is interesting, let me know if it works and if so how to change it. I mean right now, even on the phone, the marketplace checks my Live ID so it knows what locale it's set to, even browsing on the phone only and not on the PC doesn't change things, apps that are limited to US only or US, UK etc only and not uploaded with a "global" setting by the dev just don't show up for me or don't give me the option to install them to the phone even when I use a direct link to them.

Guys.. I just like to add that Tango video calling app is working perfectly on my Omnia 7 with no ffc.. the back cam works brilliantly.

Just an advice. If you own a samsung device. Download tango app published by Samsung.. it will be in the Samsung Zone. They have some other tweaks added to make it run better. As i read some complaints that there were missing call alerts for ppl who were using the Tango app from the original publisher on old samsung devices.

Great app great performance. Only downside is that not many ppl use it. So i guess will have to wait for skype.

How about SurvivalCraft, the Minecraft clone that was released today.

• 2 weeks later...

another vote for the metrotube!..

i have a question here..

is there any video app which allows multitasking in the sense.. that if you are watching a video. You go to another app and come back the video plays from where left?

theres a level on hard..

if u play it with the difficulty setting all the way up.. its insane!!!

i still have to do it without gettin any of my base killed.

its all strategy really

try experimenting with using more guns and less lazers.. lazers are slow.. also. use that energy thingy.. and explode it at times where you need to clear the whole screen.. the pink ones are the hardest followed by those yellow ones that take a lot of fire to go down.

I don't get that energy thing. Whenever I need it and explode it, I don't see anyone get hurt or something.

I can't seem to understand how it works.

Is it that it just uniformly lower the health of all of them?

And yes I use the green ones and pink ones and upgrade them continuously. And of course the slow towers