Fusion OS

Also as a general announcement to everyone, our site is being updated signifigantly (complete redesign) so take a look at that but keep in mind its content is not finished but the base layout it http://www.fusionos.net/ and the big annoucement is that Fusion OS Beta 2 has been delayed to May 30th, 2011! The reason is because of all the computer trouble I have had lately and I have been trying to get things back in order but now everything is taken care of and Fusion OS is my main priority. Window theme is also ~80% completed and implemented. Also would there be any interest in Fusion including a Windows application layer such as Wine? If Wine was included I would try and integrated very deeply into the OS, but I want to know if there would be any interest in it first?

Fusion OS Beta 2 Delayed to May 30th, 2011

Thanks for the reply and information! While it is sad to hear that it has been pushed back, it is understandable as it's more important to do things correctly than fast.

I think wine would be nice to have.

Thanks again.

The link leads nowhere. Its dead.

Tussle it was working last might but I visit it today and it says account suspended I gave contacted them to see what's going on. I will update this as I get more information..

Hey Everybody,

By the way sorry about the typos above I typed that on my iPhone and im sure you know how auto-correct can be. But back to the point the site is back up, and I got things sorted out. the problem was that the Beta 1 build I uploaded for download was apparently causing to much load on their server when people downloaded it. So long story short I had to delete the file and they would restore the site, so the site is back but the download links no longer work. Now before I can release Beta 2 I am going to have to find a way to host it or someone that would volunteer their server. I will post more updates as they hapen.

Thanks,

Keith.

Think you should get a few decent web devs alongside your distro devs.

Lot of dead links on there.

If it's not too big you could maybe try dropbox?

Better would be to use file hosting that is meant for sharing bigger files, than one that is free and is meant for personal sharing with no obligation of providing required bandwidth or stability. Those "cloud" sharing services are not really meant for it, they actually do regulate bandwidth usage and disable accounts if they are used for blatantly sharing files with masses.

I would suggest using torrents, or renting cdn services or paying premium account on one of the legit file sharing services (like mediafire), or/and (additionally) providing (mirrors) using open source hosting/SVN services. You are already using some version control system (git, svn, mercury), right? You could as well make it public, right? You could develop it on Github or Google code, for example. Or at least upload the releases to one of the two.

How big is it? I will be a mirror on my hosting companies site. www.hostattack.com

It will be around 700mb that would be so great if you could mirror it! :)

i bet you could make an account with SourceForge and host the download there

if that doesn't work out i agree with using a premium account on MediaFire, i know from personal experience that they're an EXCELLENT file sharing site, they don't cap download speeds for anyone and their download speeds are just plain great, they're premium account prices are very reasonable as well http://www.mediafire.com/select_account_type.php

no, it appears that that is based off of Fedora, the main giveaway is the style gnome is in and the fact that it still has the default fedora 14 desktop image :p

Thanks I guess, but as you can see he already answered the question.

Thanks I guess, but as you can see he already answered the question.

yes, i realize that, i was mostly just furthering on his answer

Hey Everybody,

Well as you know we will be releasing Fusion OS Beta 2 on Monday, and we hope your as excited as we are! To hold you over till then I am releasing a image of what the login will look like in future versions of fOS. To be honest login screens for Linux suck. I mean pretty bad they are very bland from distro to distro and do not offer you important information such as: Network Connectivity, large time display, and easy login but keeping all the powerful options for advanced users. We want to tackle this with Fusion OS. So here is the image that we will be basing our future login screen off of. The login screen project is codename: "Ingress" which means and opening or entrance:

futurelogin.png

Also we have updated our website and it is a darastic change! Go take a look all the links should would work except for the download because as stated before we had to pull the Beta 1 download, but we should have things sorted out for Beta 2. We also have opend a Ticket Center for you to report bugs you find in Fusion OS, and for support too. Fusion OS Beta 2 is codenamed "Dragonfly" internally so if you ever see references to that, that is what it is meaning. Thanks for reading!

- Keith.

I improved the above concept and took it a little further and I think I like this layout better but am not sure where to put the text! Which way do you prefer?

lognconcept1.png

lognconcept2.png

- Keith.

I do not like the login screen mockups. The font is way too big and the colors do not match the username colors. Also, the colors for the two icons on the left side of the top panel are mismatched as well.