Board stats for October 2010

Board Stats for October 2010

OCT '10: 1,293 registrations, 3,903 new topics, 56,571 replies, 0,768 conversations and 1,761,662 topic views.

Top 5 forums for October

position, (last month) name (*) = new entry

1. (1) Back Page News

2. (2) General Discussion

3. (3) Jokes & Funny Stuff

4. (4) Hardware Hangout

5. (*) Gamers Hangout

Mixed results this month, topic views still on the decline.. But good job guys & Welcome to our new members!

If we stopped paying attention to minor increments/decrements, I think we'd all agree that these are still solid results. (Y)

The time to worry is when the stats really take a hit.

If we stopped paying attention to minor increments/decrements, I think we'd all agree that these are still solid results. (Y)

The time to worry is when the stats really take a hit.

I agree, our worst topics views (due to the forum update problems mainly) were 1.3M for February. Pretty devastating if it became a trend!

Yeah, individual month-to-month changes (and the fact February is shorter than any other month...) is why I started making these graphs in the first place. It's nice to see trends rather than data points without context

pub?key=pR_z87nZAZy6bPSRgz-R7AQ&oid=2&output=image

pub?key=pR_z87nZAZy6bPSRgz-R7AQ&oid=3&output=image

pub?key=pR_z87nZAZy6bPSRgz-R7AQ&oid=4&output=image

pub?key=pR_z87nZAZy6bPSRgz-R7AQ&oid=5&output=image

pub?key=pR_z87nZAZy6bPSRgz-R7AQ&oid=6&output=image

Not sure what else there is to do. Neowin already looks fantastic especially compared to other sites. I think the atmosphere is great in most places. Obviously complacency can be a b***h and innovation is always good. Personally, I'm glad Neowin is what it is!

To be honest i don't think its serious. Neowin does have a great forum but what will interest most casual readers is the articles on the portal, so long as good content is on the frontpage this site is going nowhere :)

We need a good community project, they have been dwindling over time and thats where we lost a lot of visitors.

Do you have some suggestions? Or maybe some examples or past projects so that people can get an idea of what kind of projects we should be thinking of?

To be honest i don't think its serious. Neowin does have a great forum but what will interest most casual readers is the articles on the portal, so long as good content is on the frontpage this site is going nowhere :)

ya. Agreed +1

Rehashing an idea/question from the September topic, but is it possible for Neowin to get their hands on more reviews of highly anticipated devices/software/etc.?

Reviews are one of the things which draws me to certain tech sites. I know Neowin is already doing reviews, but is it possible to have more and a greater variety of them? (Take a look at Engadget, for example, they have reviews for handsets, laptops, apps etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

Rehashing an idea/question from the September topic, but is it possible for Neowin to get their hands on more reviews of highly anticipated devices/software/etc.?

Reviews are one of the things which draws me to certain tech sites. I know Neowin is already doing reviews, but is it possible to have more and a greater variety of them? (Take a look at Engadget, for example, they have reviews for handsets, laptops, apps etc.)

The problem we face is getting those vendors to supply us with products. With engadget being located in the US and being full time writers, they can get products fairly easy. I'm sure almost all of their reviews are companies contacting them.

Neowin on the other hand, mostly has to contact the vendors and manufactures to be on product review lists.

When I went to CES last year, my first question was do you have product reviews? If they said yes, my second question was do you ship to Canada? 95% said no. So that really limits the amount of products I'm available to, but we do have US staffers aswell. It's just getting our name out there that we DO review products and have a large audience who reads them.

• 2 weeks later...

/me pokes Neobond

No stats for November yet? They should look better than the ones for October if I'm not mistaken.