[Dev Channel] Google Chrome 9.0.xxx.xx (for Linux, Mac OS X, Windows)

Just tried 9 out, i dont like the fact they have gone backwards with the cookies options, when chrome first came out all you had was allow or block, then they put in ask me , and now they have gone back to the two options, i know i can set it to block all and put in the sites i want to specifically allow, but it's pain in the arse!

Dev Channel Update

Monday, November 8, 2010 | 15:41

Labels: Dev updates

The Chrome Dev channel has been updated to 9.0.572.1 for Mac. This release contains a new version of Flash.

If you find new issues, please let us know by filing a bug.

The Dev channel has been updated to 9.0.576.0 for Windows and Linux

This release fixes several crashes as well as:

All

• Typing on a form with highlighted profile, keeps its highlighted value. (Issue 58774)
  • Handle selection changes due to AutoFill more carefully. (Issue 58774)
  • Autofill popup labels should reflect the contents of the HTML form. (Issue 58887)

Linux

• Port SSLClientSocketNSS to use Windows CryptoAPI for SSL client authentication. (Issue37560)

More details about additional changes are available in the log of all revisions. You can find out about getting on the Dev channel here: http://dev.chromium....ved/dev-channel.

If you find new issues, please let us know by filing a bug at http://code.google.c...um/issues/entry

Karen Grunberg

Google Chrome

Anyone else getting an "update server unavailable" message when trying to update?

@krishna

Do you have integrated graphics? Do you have the latest drivers for your card?

I'm running chrome 9.0.576 on Dell E6500 NVS 160M. When I enable hardware acceleration IE Fish tank test is jumpy. FPS jumps 25 to 44. Its not smooth. Any ideas?

I've heard the Adblock Plus extension is interfering when trying to run certain tests, such as the IE fish tank.

Try disabling that if you have it installed. :)

EDIT: There's also some new things to try in Flags for Windows users at least;

Native Client Enable support for Native Client.

Web Page Prerendering. Speculatively prerenders complete webpages in the background for a faster browsing experience.

Verbatim Instant Makes the address bar load urls as you type. Search results are shown exactly as you typed them.

I've heard the Adblock Plus extension is interfering when trying to run certain tests, such as the IE fish tank.

Try disabling that if you have it installed. :)

EDIT: There's also some new things to try in Flags for Windows users at least;

Native Client Enable support for Native Client.

Web Page Prerendering. Speculatively prerenders complete webpages in the background for a faster browsing experience.

Verbatim Instant Makes the address bar load urls as you type. Search results are shown exactly as you typed them.

:s the new flags caused my PC to bsod within 5 seconds

Hopefully this will fix the issues I was having with forms where typing in user/passwords would fail in most cases even when they are typed manually.

This seems new

Web Page Prerendering.

Speculatively prerenders complete webpages in the background for a faster browsing experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Dev Channel Update

| 16:53

The Dev channel has been updated to 9.0.587.0 for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome Frame

All

• GPU Related Fixes
  • Crash Fixes
  • Instant Fixes
  • [r65953] Move click-to-play to about:flags. (Issue: 62091)

More details about additional changes are available in the svn log of all revision.

Some new experiments in about:Flags to check out;

Snap Start Enables an experimental TLS extension which removes a round trip from HTTPS handshakes.

Experimental Extension APIs Enables experimental extension APIs. Note that the extension gallery doesn't allow you to upload extensions that use experimental APIs.

Click-to-Play Click on a blocked plug-in to run it.

This build also includes

* the new design for Task manager on Windows (Issue 63140).

* the new Software incompatibility detection system aka the about:conflicts

I'm wondering whether Chrome to step up to the challenge IE9 is posing in terms of speed. Since Firefox hasn't really been much of a competition in terms of sheer speed, but IE9 on the other hand..

mmm, Drop in Tabbed setting already Google!

Dev Channel Update

| 16:53

sniped

you forgot this :

Check for known conflicts with 3rd party modules.Enables a background check that warns you when a software incompatibility is detected (ie. 3rd party modules that crash the browser).

• 2 weeks later...

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 | 15:00

The Dev channel has been updated to 9.0.597.0 for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome Frame

All

• Ongoing work on IndexDB and GPU
  • Tweaks/Fixes to Google Chrome Instant
  • Extensions/Apps work
  • Autofill related fixes
Known Issues
  • Page becomes unresponsive when trying to play video - Issue 65772

More details about additional changes are available in the svn log of all revision.

You can find out about getting on the Dev channel here: http://dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel.

If you find new issues, please let us know by filing a bug athttp://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/entry

Anthony Laforge

Google Chrome

Ahh! The latest update kept crashing my Chrome! I had to do a clean install again!

If you do face the problem like me, please read: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=64989

And it seems like --disable-accelerated-compositing stops the crashing. But for me, I did a clean install.

Thank you Bryan! I was stuck in a crash loop with the new version. The command has saved me!

Thank you Bryan! I was stuck in a crash loop with the new version. The command has saved me!

Actually if I knew that command earlier, I won't have re-install. :p So I had to share it quickly to make sure the word is spread! :D