Windows 7 Will Kill XP Ahead of Windows 8, It

I'm one of those that have a hard time understanding the passion of Win 7 "fanatics". I use both Windows 7 (on the desktop and htpc) but still have XP on my notebook. As long as this notebook works...it will have nothing but XP installed. When I purchase a new notebook...it will have Windows 7 of course...but I'm not going to upgrade this current system.

XP works fine for what I do on this notebook. I have four years of security updates, though I know the notebook will have been long replaced by then.

If folks want to use XP...fine. No reason to give them a hard time about it. There may be a point in time when they go out to purchase x-software or x-hardware and find out that it requires Vista/7/8 and then they will have a decision to make. Until you hit an operating system "roadblock"...use whichever system that meets your requirement. Right now, XP meets my requirement on this notebook and Windows 7 meets it on the desktop/htpc.

As Tha Bloo Monkee said...

I understand the "hate" for putting XP on a new machine, in a way. But why would you upgrade an old machine? That doesn't make sense, why fork out the money for an OLD machine?

/end

i just did a system restore in 4 clicks on win 7.

Good for you. On the other hand, why did you need to do a system restore in the first place? 'Cause we all know that Windows 7 is immune to viruses/spyware/malware, doesn't have any bugs, problems with drivers or anything of the sort. Windows 7 is the most wonderfully perfect OS in the whole wide universe1.

1.Microsoft's parallel Universe

how does xp expose your bank accounts to the world?

you see what you did there? that's called logic and most people in this thread don't understand that.

by being more vulerable due to lack of security features and as well as highly targeted by malware like keyloggers that don't need to social engineer to infect your pc through things like ads and this does actually happen in the real world we live in from sites like the new york times.

something every pro xp fanatic itt seems to not want to believe is possible.

Good for you. On the other hand, why did you need to do a system restore in the first place? 'Cause we all know that Windows 7 is immune to viruses/spyware/malware, doesn't have any bugs, problems with drivers or anything of the sort. Windows 7 is the most wonderfully perfect OS in the whole wide universe1.

What is your problem? Grow up.

I'm one of those that have a hard time understanding the passion of Win 7 "fanatics". I use both Windows 7 (on the desktop and htpc) but still have XP on my notebook. As long as this notebook works...it will have nothing but XP installed. When I purchase a new notebook...it will have Windows 7 of course...but I'm not going to upgrade this current system.

XP works fine for what I do on this notebook. I have four years of security updates, though I know the notebook will have been long replaced by then.

If folks want to use XP...fine. No reason to give them a hard time about it. There may be a point in time when they go out to purchase x-software or x-hardware and find out that it requires Vista/7/8 and then they will have a decision to make. Until you hit an operating system "roadblock"...use whichever system that meets your requirement. Right now, XP meets my requirement on this notebook and Windows 7 meets it on the desktop/htpc.

/end

stop throwing logic at them!!! it only makes them angry!

by being more vulerable due to lack of security features and as well as highly targeted by malware like keyloggers that don't need to social engineer to infect your pc through things like ads and this does actually happen in the real world we live in from sites like the new york times.

something every pro xp fanatic itt seems to not want to believe is possible.

that's what anti virus software is for. same thing would happen with any other windows os if there was no virus/malware protection. it all comes down to the user, you can't cure stupid, regardless of OS.

He was just responding to an XP- luddite's argument on how to open System Restore on Windows 7. But how can I expect an XP user like you to understand even such simple things. After all, no sane person uses XP in 2010.

that's what anti virus software is for. same thing would happen with any other windows os if there was no virus/malware protection.

because AV stopped my real world example from happening at all right? and no bank accounts and cc's and paypals were compromised as a result of the attack through ads on teh new york times site because the attack didn't happen and even if it did it couldn't possibly affect winxp users because they have up to date real time protection from av programs because xp users like to keep their software up to date right?

He was just responding to an XP- luddites argument on how to open System Restore on Windows 7. But how can I expect an XP user like you to understand even such simple things. After all, no sane person uses XP in 2010.

820189808.jpg

because AV stopped my real world example from happening at all right? and no bank accounts and cc's and paypals were compromised as a result of the attack through ads on teh new york times site because the attack didn't happen and even if it did it couldn't possibly affect winxp users because they have up to date real time protection from av programs because xp users like to keep their software up to date right?

punctuation would really help your argument. my brain hurts from even trying to read that.

punctuation would really help your argument. my brain hurts from even trying to read that.

xp user still has ideas about the internet that haven't been useful in an online discussion since the 70s?

grammar nazi'ing and calling troll doesn't help your argument. if that's hwere you are in your arguments then why even post? to make a mockery of yourself? or simply to troll for reactions?

What matters most is Windows 7's modern security features are far better than Linux/Mac OS.

Please name these features.

1. Windows 7's UI is by far the most productive among any OS ever developed in the history of computing. Windows 7 has start menu search which enables users to find ANYTHING on their computers within a fraction of a second - something that can never be done on XP or Linux out of the box.

Clearly you have never used the KDE desktop, or Mint Linux. They both have the same functionality. Once again, your ignorance shows through. Try using Linux next time before making these wild claims.

Windows 7 improves productivity by introducing Breadcrumb bars, Aero Snap, Aero Peek, Jumplists, stacks, saved searches, Libraries etc. The list goes on and on. No other OS comes close.

Again, you've never used compiz. Most of the features of aero are copied directly from it lol. So all the praise you're heaping on them should be directed at compiz ;)

2. Compared to Windows Aero, Compiz looks like it was designed in the 90's. Aero is both elegant and productive. While Compiz looks artificial and doesn't integrate well to the whole OS at all.

Haha. That made me chuckle. I don't even need to reply to this one. Here, I'll let this video speak for me:

4. Visual Studio is by far the best IDE of any OS. C# and C++ are the two most popular languages in the world, and no other IDE offers as much functionality for developing with those two languages.

Huh? C# is no where near as popular as C, C++, Java, Python, Ruby, etc. For one thing it's mainly windows based. The only people who code in C# are the ones who use Visual Studio. Sorry to burst your bubble.

xp user still has ideas about the internet that haven't been useful in an online discussion since the 70s?

grammar nazi'ing and calling troll doesn't help your argument. if that's hwere you are in your arguments then why even post? to make a mockery of yourself? or simply to troll for reactions?

you must have missed the part where I said i'm running windows 7 on both my computers... how am i suppose to counter an argument if i can't comprehend it?

and you are telling me you can't get infected by ads in windows 7/vista? your argument is mute bud, you didn't even back it up with anything.

you see what Bloo Monkey and jjkusaf said? That's my argument.

He was just responding to an XP- luddite's argument on how to open System Restore on Windows 7. But how can I expect an XP user like you to understand even such simple things. After all, no sane person uses XP in 2010.

insaneh.jpg

Lot of loonies out there.

you must have missed the part where I said i'm running windows 7 on both my computers... how am i suppose to counter an argument if i can't comprehend it?

and you are telling me you can't get infected by ads in windows 7/vista? your argument is mute bud, you didn't even back it up with anything.

you see what Bloo Monkey and jjkusaf said? That's my argument.

that attack i menitoned actually didn't afect windows vista or 7 users at all. it was targeted at xp.

If people still want to use Windows XP after 9 years that's fine by me. What I can't stand is those people complaining about the latest software not running on it anymore.

1) click start / control panel / system

2) Click the System Protection tab

3) Click "the create" button.

I mean how would the average user even know where to look to find that? To me it seams like a cluster **** compared to how it was done in XP.

The "average user" can just type 'MAKE RESTORE' or 'CREATE RESTORE' or 'new restore' in the search box and Create restore point comes up.

Yeah, those "average users" would be able to find XP's create restore function blind-folded.

If people still want to use Windows XP after 9 years that's fine by me. What I can't stand is those people complaining about the latest software not running on it anymore.

Or complaining that they can't find drivers. I run into this alot, especially from people who are trying to run brand new hardware with $%#@$ Windows XP Professional x64.