AMD Catalyst 10.12 to be released today, featuring new UI

The new drivers include WoW Cataclysm optimizations and what I'm most excited about OpenCL OpenPhysics .

For a full list , wait an hour or so for the website to catch up .

From: https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/Catalyst_10.12_CCC2_Preview_Win7_Dec7.exe

To: F:\Users\dknm\Desktop\Catalyst_10.12_CCC2_Preview_Win7_Dec7.exe

Size: 110.2 MB (115,513,480 bytes)

The AMD website already caught up.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-32.aspx

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_vista-32.aspx

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_vista-64.aspx

AMD Catalyst 10.12 Preview for Windows 7– Featuring the new Catalyst Control Center 110 MB 10.12 12/13/2010

Description:

We’re letting our customers try out the brand new Catalyst Control Center before it’s officially part of the AMD Catalyst package!

- The New Catalyst Control Center enables a simplified user experience to help users get the most out of their AMD product

- Easily enable 3D settings to enhance game image quality

- Setup multiple displays to increase productivity

- Adjust power settings to increase battery life

Let us know what you think of the new Catalyst Control Center on the AMD Catalyst 10.12 Preview forum

That'd be cool, but hard-to-use for novice users I'd suspect.

Hell, most novice users (and probably even a few not-so-novice users) don't even know what MMC is or that it exists!

The new drivers include WoW Cataclysm optimizations and what I'm most excited about OpenCL OpenPhysics .

?? Where did you get the WoW cata thing from, It's not in the release notes o.O

I hope you realize that if you're running Windows Vista/7, there's a lot of it that's built on .NET.

There really isn't. With the exception of parts of Windows Media Center, there is no .NET in Windows. It's all native C and C++.

Catalyst Control Center is pretty ****ty though. An insanely slow, bloated and confusing 800 GB application. It's absurd, and it's not .NET's fault (although I think ATI were idiots for introducing a dependency on a gigantic runtime back in the day, but that's less relevant today.)

Hopefully things like scaling won't be buried where no one but the most experienced users would ever find it like in previous versions.

Hopefully it will stop applying underscan by default.

not that it matters, I switched and put my old nvidia card back in the HTPC, and it works way better, no need to mess with constantly resetting under/over scan. and this by design bug have probably put me off from buying ATi/AMD again for years.

There really isn't. With the exception of parts of Windows Media Center, there is no .NET in Windows. It's all native C and C++.

Catalyst Control Center is pretty ****ty though. An insanely slow, bloated and confusing 800 GB application. It's absurd, and it's not .NET's fault (although I think ATI were idiots for introducing a dependency on a gigantic runtime back in the day, but that's less relevant today.)

Have you tried the new UI yet? Seems a lot faster and more responsive, as well as being far more oraganized.

The old UI was a bit slow I agree, but I don't think it was "insanely bloated".

All catalyst really needs now is per game profiles.

Have you tried the new UI yet? Seems a lot faster and more responsive, as well as being far more oraganized.

I haven't yet, but I guess I will when it's out.

The new UI was a bit slow I agree, but I don't think it was "insanely bloated".

Well it was like 50-60 MB large, and used up to about the same amount of memory. I don't really care that much about that, the fact that it was so slow was a bigger issue. You click the notification icon and it would take like 5-10 seconds to load. It should just be a simple 2MB app that launches in half a second, and looks and acts like a regular sane Windows program. It's shocking poorly designed UI wise.

I'm finding it amazing how PC developers apparently have such a hard time with designing interfaces that actually fit in with Windows Aero instead of all this non-standard crap.

I'm finding it amazing how PC developers apparently have such a hard time with designing interfaces that actually fit in with Windows Aero instead of all this non-standard crap.

Did you ever see the Windows API? :p

I just installed this and am having major issues with the latest version of Flash. Youtube videos crash IE9, and Chrome simply displays a green screen...

No issues here with Flash.

I just installed this and am having major issues with the latest version of Flash. Youtube videos crash IE9, and Chrome simply displays a green screen...

try using driver sweeper or alike to remove all traces of the driver and reinstall. Hope that helps

I didn't have that problem originally with 10.12 but did when I rolled back to the 10.11 driver (and only driver, not the whole suite mind you) in order to solve a game compatibility issue. So I wonder if it's something with this CCC2 that causes it.

from release notes ->

Known Issues Under All Windows Operating Systems

The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst?. These include:

* Green playback may be observed when playing multiple HD streams from Youtube using Flashplayer 10.1.

*Sigh*, every single time, without fail, today included, after installing the latest updates, CCC always fails to start, and it can't be fixed without completely wiping everything ATI off the system, rebooting, and then reinstalling. I see the process begin in the task manager, and then just disappear, while the mouse shows that's it's "Working", for about a split second, and then nothing happens. Problem is, I haven't seen anyone else report a similar issue. :wacko: .

*Sigh*, every single time, without fail, today included, after installing the latest updates, CCC always fails to start, and it can't be fixed without completely wiping everything ATI off the system, rebooting, and then reinstalling. I see the process begin in the task manager, and then just disappear, while the mouse shows that's it's "Working", for about a split second, and then nothing happens. Problem is, I haven't seen anyone else report a similar issue. :wacko: .

Make sure Microsoft Visual C++ is installed (Redistributables).