Welcome to IPB 3.1.4!

Would have rather seen this update wait until the skins were ready to release right along side of it tbh.. As darkside front page + bright white and blue forums don't mix all too well.

Would have rather seen this update wait until the skins were ready to release right along side of it tbh.. As darkside front page + bright white and blue forums don't mix all too well.

Well you could just change the front page to blue as well. :p

This happens every upgrade, the default Neowin blue skin is made, bugs are sorted, other skins are created, it is easier to get the default skin out there and tested for bugs in an open environment than shoving all of the skins out and having to sort each of them out as things creep up.

This especially applies to the Darkside theme which has seemingly always been more trouble than the rest put together, lol.

Well you could just change the front page to blue as well. :p

This happens every upgrade, the default Neowin blue skin is made, bugs are sorted, other skins are created, it is easier to get the default skin out there and tested for bugs in an open environment than shoving all of the skins out and having to sort each of them out as things creep up.

This especially applies to the Darkside theme which has seemingly always been more trouble than the rest put together, lol.

I thought they changed Midnight to the default theme for guests months ago...

I thought they changed Midnight to the default theme for guests months ago...

We did, but the test board was already being coded when that decision was made.

Are all those freaking "Share this topic" buttons necessary? I'm sick of seeing so much unnecessary social network site integration..

Sharing is caring.

Also the loading thing is the IPB default now, not the Neowin customised one which appeared in the lower right.

The "Rep System" can, at the time of writing, easily be abused, and modified to rep any post (except the persons own), anywhere on the forum

I'd have PMd someone but I'm not sure who should be told.

Edit -> Reported it.

I want my "new content" back!

Patience, things are still being worked on, you can't expect a major upgrade to go through 100% smoothly.

I clicked the new content link at the top and it didnt bring up any new posts, there were new ones to be viewed, it just says 'Sorry, no new content found.'

That's I think because the search system is not working ATM.

Dont forget to test out the mobile version of the site.

Also now has support for colors :p

screenshot_77be556d038c5c2a5.png

That menu seems to be broken on my HTC Desire.

Welcome to IPB and running out of useful ideas.

How is it different to the massive amount of social integration now added to any news article you'll find online?

How is it different to the massive amount of social integration now added to any news article you'll find online?

It isn't. I equally don't use those features here as anywhere else. Seeing the Facebook and Twitter icons on every page on the internet is incredibly tedious.

Perhaps if you had a "Social" menu, next to add reply, watch topic and etc. Then you could put Twitter and Facebook under all that. So still be available to the people who use it, but not be an eye sore for those who doesn't.

On a side not, how many people actually use those things? Do you have any stats?