Mac OS Desktops - 1st Q 2011

My new 27'' iMac:

Screen%20shot%202011-01-19%20at%2014.56.35%20.png

Just using the standard system wallpapers for the moment, having them randomly rotate every 30 minutes.

For those of you with 27" displays, do you maximize your internet browser to cover the whole screen? I tried doing so but it's hard to look at the screen all the way to the left for forums :/

For those of you with 27" displays, do you maximize your internet browser to cover the whole screen? I tried doing so but it's hard to look at the screen all the way to the left for forums :/

I don't. I normally have a few things open. Like to the left of my browser my iChat list and maybe a movie or EyeTV window running.

My Safari window is usually about 1200 pixels wide (about half the screen) and usually sits in the center or to the right of my 27" screen.

Considering I don't even maximize my web browser windows on my MacBook display, no. Things just get way too wide when maximized on a 27'' display.

I use a free app called Hyperdock. Its primary function is to generate thumbnails off the running apps in the dock but, it also allows for windows snapping like in Windows 7. So i use it to snap my browser window to fullscreen.