WZor - Windows 7/2008 R2 Service Pack 1 - LINKS LEAKED!

Wouldn't Wave0 ( English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish) be more practical? They are considerably smaller than Wave1.

I have Wave0 also if needed. Those were released a bit later.

Sometime soon, Microsoft will finalize its Service Pack 1 (SP1) release for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. Today, however, a near-final version of the service pack leaked online for both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) versions of the OSes, and I took the time to install the build on my main Windows 7 desktop. As I write this, I'm installing it on two laptops as well.

(A bit of rumor-busting. Some sites have claimed that SP1 is complete and that Microsoft will release it to its OEM--i.e. PC maker--partners as soon as tomorrow. That is not the case. SP1 is imminent, but it's not quite done as I write this. It won't be long.)

So what is going on here?

While Service Pack 1 services both Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2, only the server side of things is getting a major upgrade with SP1. I'll write about that later, and it will require a fair bit of explanation because of some major functional changes.

For Windows 7, the picture is quite a bit simpler: There are no major new features coming with SP1. However, there are the following minor changes:

An updated version of Remote Desktop Services. This is required for a change that is coming in Server 2008 R2 with SP1 (RemoteFX).

Better support for third-party federation services. With this update, Windows 7 now supports services that utilize the WS-Federation passive profile protocol.

Improved HDMI audio device performance. SP1 fixes a bug in Windows 7 where a small percentage of users experienced a disruption of audio over HDMI after a reboot.

Minor XPS document fixes. For the rare case where an XPS document contains both portrait and landscape pages, SP1 fixes a bug that prevented correctly-formatted printing.

Hot-fixes and other bug fixes. Like any service pack, SP1 also contains an aggregation of previously released and new hot-fixes and other bug fixes.

As you can see, nothing major.

While final performance results will need to wait for the final release and for more PCs to be tested, I can report that the interactive SP1 install took about 44 minutes on my quad-core Core 2 Duo-based desktop. When Setup is complete and you're returned to the Windows desktop, winver and the System window both report that SP1 is installed. Winver reports it's at build 7601, where the final, RTM version of Windows 7 was build 7600.

Looking ahead, I'll of course report when SP1 is officially released. I'm wondering whether a Slipstreaming guide is in order. And of course I'll have a full review, for the Server side of the service pack.

Source: WinSuperSite

Apparently even Softpedia is hosting them now? :D

The Windows 7 SP1 package will help keep your PCs and servers on the latest support level, provides ongoing improvements to the Windows Operating System (OS), by including previous updates delivered over Windows Update as well as continuing incremental updates to the Windows 7 platform based on customer and partner feedback, and is easy for organizations to deploy a single set of updates.

Windows 7 SP1 will help you:

- Keep your PCs supported and up-to-date

- Get ongoing updates to the Windows 7 platform

- Easily deploy cumulative updates at a single time

- Meet your users' demands for greater business mobility

- Provide a comprehensive set of virtualization innovations

- Provide an easier Service Pack deployment model for better IT efficiency

In order to download and install the Windows 7 SP1 you must currently have a Release to Manufacturing (RTM) version of Windows 7 already installed.

If you have previously installed the Windows 7 SP1 Beta on your machine, you must uninstall the beta before installing the RTM.

Windows 7 SP1 is available for installation in the same languages made available at original launch of Windows 7.

Requirements:

? Your current operating system must be the Release to Manufacturing (RTM) version of Windows 7

? Users updating through Windows Update/WSUS must install the Servicing Stack Update (SSU) that handles the installation and removal of software updates, language packs, and optional Windows features. This update is necessary to successfully install or unin

What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]

? Changes specific to Windows 7

Additional support for communication with third-party federation services:

? Additional support has been added to allow Windows 7 clients to effectively communicate with third-party identity federation services (those supporting the WS-Federation passive profile protocol). This change enhances platform interoperability, and improves the ability to communicate identity and authentication information between organizations.

Improved HDMI audio device performance:

? A small percentage of users have reported issues in which the connection between computers running Windows 7 and HDMI audio devices can be lost after system reboots. Updates have been incorporated into SP1 to ensure that connections between Windows 7 computers and HDMI audio devices are consistently maintained.

Corrected behavior when printing mixed-orientation XPS documents:

? Prior to the release of SP1, some customers have reported difficulty when printing mixed-orientation XPS document...

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Signatures-Updates/Windows-7-Service-Pack-1.shtml

Interesting :)

You're taking a risk installing stuff like this until you can cross check the CRC with the officially released files from Microsoft.

people always take risks in life

true integrated images will only be out once msdn and technet get them as users can't make true integrated images since windows xp, we can only put the installers in the /updates/ folder on the dvd. Neowin homepage will tell us within hours once they hit msdn and technet.

If I was going to, I'd rather pirate something worthwhile. Windows 7 or Quake 10 or whatever.

These releases have been verified by people inside the scene, I believe you'll find they know what they are talking about.

It doesn't appear in my update history though which is strange...

it does for me in windows update - installed updates

it shows as "Service pack for microsoft windows (kb976932)"

No integrated ISOs yet?

Did the integration myself with RT Seven Lite. Granted i'll format and install again when i get the technet/msdn ISOs but this one is working. I installed it and it's all good as of now. It shows SP1 in the right areas and the cleanup command:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /spsuperseded

doesn't work cuz there are no "backup files" to speak of. Also people were saying if you go to Disk Cleanup you'll see the SP1 Backup Files listed to permanently remove all of the old data and keep SP1 files.

It's working great for now and i'm happy, one thing to note - After the clean install you have 3 days to activate (not a problem for me since my Thinkpad came with Windows 7 Professional :D)

Also after a "clean install" i went ahead and did Windows update. The only thing that's available is my drivers for my LCD, Ethernet and Audio.

*Waits to see if it breaks the current cracks* :shifty:

Apparently it doesn't :pirate:

But bad on you for not getting one of the cheap deals out there! They had it for $30 at one point to compete with OS X Snow Leopard! :boo:

These releases have been verified by people inside the scene, I believe you'll find they know what they are talking about.

The files may be genuine, but it's still against the law. If I'm going to break the law, why not make it worth it? There is no legal difference between downloading or distributing a copy of Windows 7 and SP1. Both are just as illegal, and it doesn't become any less illegal by calling it a "leak."

The files may be genuine, but it's still against the law. If I'm going to break the law, why not make it worth it? There is no legal difference between downloading or distributing a copy of Windows 7 and SP1. Both are just as illegal, and it doesn't become any less illegal by calling it a "leak."

Show me proof that it is illegal... So far I cant imagine why it would be illegal?

Show me proof that it is illegal... So far I cant imagine why it would be illegal?

It's illegal because Microsoft holds the copyright to it. This gives them the sole right to create new copies of it. For it to be legal for you to make copies of it (by downloading it, uploading it, installing it, or executing it and making transitory copies in RAM), you have to have their explicit permission. This is the case regardless of whether they decide to charge for the product or not (but if you purchase something, you have certain implicit consumer rights that vary from region to region.)

Many people seem to think you can freely distribute something just because the author decides not to charge for it, but this isn't true. Copyright applies to everything. In this particular case though, Microsoft doesn't even give it away for free, because they haven't even released it yet.

<br />Wouldn't <b>Wave0 ( English,??French,??German,??Japanese,??Spanish) be more practical???They are considerably smaller than Wave1.<br /></b><br />
<br /><br /><br />

Wave0 is a *Big Five*-based update, covering *only* the five most popular language/inputs of an operating system. WZOR, being Russian-based, would never dare release such a leak, as it would screw over most of their base, as Russian is NOT a Big Five language/input. Hence the release of Wave1 (which includes Russian).

Eh, nothing illegal about it. It's free software. The people who leaked it might have been breaking some NDA's from Microsoft, but there's nothing illegal about downloading Windows 7 SP1, or even just Windows 7 itself, as long as it doesn't contain a license/key.

<br />There's really nothing in SP1 that can't wait a little bit until it's available through official channels. Why would I break the law and risk infection just to get it a few days early.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

That may be true for you, but it's not true of some others.

Take a more thorough look at what exactly is IN Service Pack 1 before dismissing it.

Lastly, Microsoft actually ENCOURAGES re-distribution of Service Packs (and has since the first one for Windows NT 3.1) - at worst, Softpedia is breaking the embargo by releasing it early.

And if you are that paranoid, follow the enterprise admin's advice (which is also Microsoft's advice) - back up your critical data prior to application (even if downloading the update via WU).

NOTE: You do NOT have to turn off your AV program while applying Service Packs.

Eh, nothing illegal about it. It's free software. The people who leaked it might have been breaking some NDA's from Microsoft, but there's nothing illegal about downloading Windows 7 SP1, or even just Windows 7 itself, as long as it doesn't contain a license/key.

You are mistaken. Price has absolutely nothing to do with it. Copyright applies to all software, regardless of whether the author chooses to charge for it or not. The copyright holder has the right to make it freely available on his site, but you do not without getting his permission.

This is where the term "license" comes from. Licensing software means obtaining permission to make limited copies of it through a legal agreement between you and the software vendor.

Take a more thorough look at what exactly is IN Service Pack 1 before dismissing it.

I have, and I stand by my statement. The high priority updates that most people can be said to need "right now" have already been pushed out through Windows Update.

Lastly, Microsoft actually ENCOURAGES re-distribution of Service Packs (and has since the first one for Windows NT 3.1) - at worst, Softpedia is breaking the embargo by releasing it early.

No, they don't. They don't want third parties to distribute updates at all. They want it all to go through them directly.

so your saying those mp3's on your computer you did not obtain legally then ?