WZor - Windows 7/2008 R2 Service Pack 1 - LINKS LEAKED!

anyone know if SP1 fixed the 'thumbnail cache' bug?

because Windows 7 has a bug in it (which Vista does not have. Vista is fine) where it randomly deletes the Thumbnail Cache which is VERY annoying especially when you got a lot of Thumbnails in folder and it has to re-create them from scratch which takes a lot of time.

p.s. right now my Windows 7 is fine but i had to use a workaround to stop it from randomly deleting the Thumbnail Cache which is not a proper fix.

i am also not the only person who has this issue either as there is several others online that have it to. it's the only fairly major flaw i have with Win7. other than that it's generally been great.

Nope still seeing that bug on my SP1 version :crazy:

I will try the WAIK and OPK later today when I get home.

Opening the ISO's there is nothing to execute or autorun, just a couple of CMD files along with folders. I'm wondering how it has to be installed.

Will see that tonight.

So... what exactly is the deal...?

Has the 'official' SP1 been leaked? Or is it just an escrow build?

When can it be download via de MS-download pages?

installing SP1 requires 8gb to extract and takes up 6-8gb once installed as it keeps the files incase you want to uninstall SP1. So if you have a small SSD i suggest you do a clean format and install the slipstreamed image as you'll save alot of space :)

It took up 640MB total for the backup for me... also confirmed by running the Disk Cleanup utility to see what it would save me if I deleted it.

Nope still seeing that bug on my SP1 version :crazy:

Thanks for confirming that. so it appears i won't remove my temp fix.

it's just amazing something fairly major like that slips by a major OS like Windows 7 when it's perfectly fine in Vista which is typically considered worse than 7.

anyone know the official release date from Microsoft for SP1?

if it's more than a month ill probably install the one in this thread. but if it's going to be out soon (soon as in a week or two) i might just wait. but then again if it's the official code ill probably just install now and then get a hold of a slipstreamed copy of Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 ISO as i am sure they will be released online. (and yes, i have a legit key)

^ i wander what take them so long

So... what exactly is the deal...?

Has the 'official' SP1 been leaked? Or is it just an escrow build?

When can it be download via de MS-download pages?

SP1 RTM has been leaked, you didn't look at the first post seriously ?????

^ i wander what take them so long

SP1 RTM has been leaked, you didn't look at the first post seriously ?????

I have seen that one. Although various sites mention that this is not the real deal, some escrow build before the definite SP1 RTM etc etc ect

Thnx for clearing this up, Ci7

After installing with Windows 7 SP1 ISO I'm getting this error message:

Log Name: Application

Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI

Date: 1/18/2008 2:37:27 PM

Event ID: 10

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

Description: Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

- Have seen lot of solutions but I do not receive this error when I use Windows 7 without any SP, it seems the file in the Windows 7 SP1 ISO "wmi_tracing.mof" is corrupted, just my 2 cents, anyone else facing a similar issue ?

Actually installed the EXE with no problems on 2 PC's. I haven't tried installing from the ISO's i've burned though (doing a clean install with Win 7 SP1 integrated).

Not saying I don't believe it's true, but I'll wait for a link from a Microsoft webpage :)

Not like SP1 brings any new features....

I haven't installed the leak, I am waiting for official, and if you see my previous post that one update is making sure 7 is ready for SP1.

Why would you need update to update? Kinda silly :D I am installing that 10 mb file right now though.

Why would you need update to update? Kinda silly :D I am installing that 10 mb file right now though.

so they can block the Service pack for those PCs with known bad driver which would break windows installation