F1 World Championship 2011 Thread

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the Constructor's Championship?

• Red Bull Renault
    • McLaren Mercedes
    • Ferrari
    • Mercedes GP
    • Lotus Renault GP
    • Williams Cosworth
    • Force India Mercedes
    • Sauber Ferrari
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso Ferrari
    • Team Lotus Renault
    • Hispania Racing Team Cosworth
    • Marussia Virgin Racing Cosworth
  2. 2. Which driver will win the World Driver's Championship?

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Mark Webber
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Jenson Button
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Felipe Massa
    • Michael Schumacher
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Nick Heidfeld
    • Vitali Petrov
    • Rubens Barichello
    • Pastor Madonaldo
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Paul di Resta
    • Kamui Kobayashi
    • Sergio Perez
    • Sebastian Buemi
    • Jaime Algersuari
    • Other (specify below)

Prakash: I'm sorry but we do not have separate monthly ticket for Sky Sports.

You: So, sky steal F1 from 2012 onwards and use their pure greed to force people to pay for an entertainment pack they dont need just so they can get sports to get the F1 they have been watching free for decades, have i got that right?

Prakash: Yes

Prakash: You can watch that on your TV.

You: No i cant because the BBC are only covering half of the races, sky get exclusive access to the other half

Prakash: But for non Sky TV customer you need to purchase Sky Go monthly ticket.

Looks like 2011 is my last season of F1, i hate that Sky throw their money about to get exclusive access to half of the races then make you pay for basic package just to get Sky Sports. Surely thats got to be some kind of Anti-trust?

The only way i can watch F1 if i dont get Sky installed is to buy the Sky Go subscription which lets me watch Sky Sports online through their App and thats ?35 which includes ?15 a month Entertainment package i dont want.

Thanks Bernie.

• Like 1

Prakash: I'm sorry but we do not have separate monthly ticket for Sky Sports.

You: So, sky steal F1 from 2012 onwards and use their pure greed to force people to pay for an entertainment pack they dont need just so they can get sports to get the F1 they have been watching free for decades, have i got that right?

Prakash: Yes

Prakash: You can watch that on your TV.

You: No i cant because the BBC are only covering half of the races, sky get exclusive access to the other half

Prakash: But for non Sky TV customer you need to purchase Sky Go monthly ticket.

Looks like 2011 is my last season of F1, i hate that Sky throw their money about to get exclusive access to half of the races then make you pay for basic package just to get Sky Sports. Surely thats got to be some kind of Anti-trust?

The only way i can watch F1 if i dont get Sky installed is to buy the Sky Go subscription which lets me watch Sky Sports online through their App and thats ?35 which includes ?15 a month Entertainment package i dont want.

Thanks Bernie.

What are you on about!, the BBC gave up their contract, they refused to cover the whole season to cut costs.

Anti-trust?, the BBC should be investigated for ****ing up one of the highest viewing programs on their network.

Luckily I've got Sky Sports now, but I'd be annoyed too, but there plenty of streaming alternatives.

What are you on about!, the BBC gave up their contract, they refused to cover the whole season to cut costs.

Anti-trust?, the BBC should be investigated for ****ing up one of the highest viewing programs on their network.

Luckily I've got Sky Sports now, but I'd be annoyed too, but there plenty of streaming alternatives.

Im pretty sure Ch4 put in a bid but Sky has more money to throw about hence they stole F1.

Im pretty sure Ch4 put in a bid but Sky has more money to throw about hence they stole F1.

So it's not F1 and Bernie for being greedy and taking the bigger pot?

And if your bidding fro something on ebay, and you win, that means you stole it from the other bidders because you can afford to pay more? :huh:

So it's not F1 and Bernie for being greedy and taking the bigger pot?

And if your bidding fro something on ebay, and you win, that means you stole it from the other bidders because you can afford to pay more? :huh:

Its not like it should have even been up for bids, the BBC pulled out of its contract which should have lasted at least another year

Sky have picked it up but the BBC iirc are still paying about 2/3rds of the costs they should have been paying next year but only getting half the coverage.

Its not like it should have even been up for bids, the BBC pulled out of its contract which should have lasted at least another year

Sky have picked it up but the BBC iirc are still paying about 2/3rds of the costs they should have been paying next year but only getting half the coverage.

But they are doing full re-runs of the races they aren't showing a few hours after they're aired on Sky aren't they? Probably accounts for the rest of the 2/3rds.

But they are doing full re-runs of the races they aren't showing a few hours after they're aired on Sky aren't they? Probably accounts for the rest of the 2/3rds.

No, they are rumoured to be doing full re-runs of the races. They still havent said anything as to what the coverage is going to be on the Sky exclusive races.

No, they are rumoured to be doing full re-runs of the races. They still havent said anything as to what the coverage is going to be on the Sky exclusive races.

I believed they've confirmed they'll be doing highlights of the Sky covered races...I'm not sure about full re-runs...

Formula 1 chiefs approve name changes

Formula 1 chiefs have approved the name change requests that were put forward at today's F1 Commission meeting in Geneva - bringing an end to the long-running row over the Lotus moniker.

Following a lengthy meeting in Geneva on Thursday, sources confirmed that Team Lotus, Renault and Virgin Racing all received the necessary support to be allowed to change their titles for the start of next season.

It means from 2012, Team Lotus will become known as Caterham, Renault will switch to Lotus and Virgin Racing will switch to Marussia.

The changes still need to go through the FIA's World Motor Sport Council before becoming official, but this is believed to be a formality - especially because FIA president Jean Todt is a member of the F1 Commission.

There is not expected to be any public statements about the matter from any of the teams involved until after the WMSC meeting - which takes place on 7 December.

The decision to approve the name changes means that confusion over the Lotus name in F1 will be brought to an end, following a long-running dispute between Team Lotus and the road car company Group Lotus.

In a bid to clean up the matter after lengthy court proceedings, an agreement was reached which means that the Enstone-based Renault team will now be the only outfit running the Lotus name.

Team Lotus will make full use of the Caterham brand, less than one year after the outfit's owner Tony Fernandes bought the sportscar manufacturer.

With the approved name changes, are we going to lose the sexy green lotus colours? They were by far the sexiest car of 2010/2011.

Does anyone else agree with me that there needs to be qualifying points?

More recently now, out of the top ten drivers, usually some of the teams decide not to put in a lap so they can choose whatever tyre they like.

I for one, want to see this stopped. What I'm thinking is if your in the top 10 and do a lap then you get some points.

Only problem is I'm having difficulty in determing points (even though it doesn't actually matter as I have no say in what F1 does :( ) but I was thinking..

1st - 5 Points

2nd - 4 Points

3rd - 3 Points

4th - 2 points

5-10 - 1 Point

I think this would spice things up slightly as for example Mark Webber, usually does really good qualifying, but overall in the race he'll loose many places for no real obvious reason.

But for a repeat offender (Force India) of not doing a lap, would they be interested in getting 1 point for doing a lap and sacrificing tyre choice? I'd like to think so

I don't think there needs to be a points system, but some form of punishment, such as a drive through during the race for those who don't bother set a lap in any of the qualifying sessions.

Does anyone else agree with me that there needs to be qualifying points?

More recently now, out of the top ten drivers, usually some of the teams decide not to put in a lap so they can choose whatever tyre they like.

I for one, want to see this stopped. What I'm thinking is if your in the top 10 and do a lap then you get some points.

Only problem is I'm having difficulty in determing points (even though it doesn't actually matter as I have no say in what F1 does :( ) but I was thinking..

1st - 5 Points

2nd - 4 Points

3rd - 3 Points

4th - 2 points

5-10 - 1 Point

I think this would spice things up slightly as for example Mark Webber, usually does really good qualifying, but overall in the race he'll loose many places for no real obvious reason.

But for a repeat offender (Force India) of not doing a lap, would they be interested in getting 1 point for doing a lap and sacrificing tyre choice? I'd like to think so

I've been thinking something like this might need to be introduced as it is becoming more common that teams aren't setting laps.

I don't think penalty's are appropriate as they are not doing anything wrong by the rules, they're just choosing a strategy that might work better for them, points encourages a quali time, but if they feel they can get more than the quali points by still not doing a time its their choice.

Was just watching it on 301, weird how Vettel and Alonso both hit the barrier in pretty much the same place.

Something is odd there, and other people went off during first practice

:laugh: reminder: if massa crashes, it sure must be a driving error, but if vettel or the holy alonso then there has to be something wrong with the track. :rofl:

Was just watching it on 301, weird how Vettel and Alonso both hit the barrier in pretty much the same place.

SB just needs to stop showboating, nothing wrong with the track if there was all the other drivers would have come off where he did.

That was close, still at least not another RB front row lockout, I have a good feeling about the race tomorrow.

Also is it just me or does everyone else think McLarens' overalls are even stranger than usual...

I'm trying not to feel Schadenfreude for Vettel. Really, I do.

The race is now Hamilton's to lose. Massa is nowhere near him, so he should be safe.

so glad that hami is still in f1 .. if not alonso would walk away with the race as button and webber are just old and slow ... if they dont pick up pace they gonna finish behind massa in this grandprix.

2 or 3 stopps?