Any tips for a beginner PS3 CoD kid? I play BF3 on PC, TDM mainly, I have trouble adapting to when exactly to hipfire or scope, cuz it seems that on PC people tend to hipfire from close range and midrange too.

I run Assault and PP2000 mostly

here are my terrible stats : http://battlelog.bat...tats/222227762/

Try to mix TDM with Rush, once in a while. Rush will have you understand the maps better, the points where to stay, where to snipe, and things like these.

Not sure about CoD kids thing. I played on the Playstation and it went fine.

Not sure about CoD kids thing. I played on the Playstation and it went fine.

Well I do believe that it's my transition from controller to keyboard and mouse that hurts me the most, as I'm used to ADS and not much recoil on guns

Any tips for a beginner PS3 CoD kid? I play BF3 on PC, TDM mainly, I have trouble adapting to when exactly to hipfire or scope, cuz it seems that on PC people tend to hipfire from close range and midrange too.

I run Assault and PP2000 mostly

here are my terrible stats : http://battlelog.bat...tats/222227762/

Mash the q button and drop your medipack whenever you can. Forget the m320, you'll get more points healing your team mates especially since they upped the heal rate in the last patch.

Also tdm isn't really how bf3 is meant to be played. It's just to draw players like you in (I don't mean that as an insult, it's just a fact). Try conquest or rush.

Also try out an assault rifle, the pp2000 really isn't all that great. It was pretty good in the beta but it got nerfed pretty heavily since then.

Ok so something that annoys me, there is this guy on a specific server, who ALWAYS plays on the RU team for Operation Firestorm he uses the attack heli, sits behind the large mountain obscuring the RU base, and uses guided missiles to take out tanks from above with 1 hit kills.

Had that the other day! Lucky he was a bad shot, was a 30min game and he got 4 kills and 700 points. We didn't kill him, just got flags instead!

After spending a little time with the patch now, i honestly think it's a great improvement. There's a few little quirks but apart from that i'm pleased with it.

Anyone else still having issues hopping/jumping/vaulting onto ledges or other map objects?

After the patch I find it annoying how much I have to shoot someone to take them out. I don't know if it's the damage model or lag... or both, but it often seems to take a majority of a mag to take someone out and I get alot of hitmarkers. Another result of this is how enemies can quite easily just run out of range or line of sight before I land enough shots on them. Enemies constantly just run right passed and it's such a struggle to kill them.

Anyone else still having issues hopping/jumping/vaulting onto ledges or other map objects?

Nope, its fixed, for the most part. Still, occasionally will get one or two of these, but not so often as before the patch

No dedicated iPad version as yet but I contacted and they said they'd look into it.

Hope they do sort it. I use my iPad to keep track of progress while playing but it's almost impossible to keep track of medals and ribbons as these are done wth a hover on the website and of course you can't hover as such on a n iPad or any touch device.

After the patch I find it annoying how much I have to shoot someone to take them out. I don't know if it's the damage model or lag... or both, but it often seems to take a majority of a mag to take someone out and I get alot of hitmarkers. Another result of this is how enemies can quite easily just run out of range or line of sight before I land enough shots on them. Enemies constantly just run right passed and it's such a struggle to kill them.

Yes, I've noticed this as well. Gun damages are way off. I can put 5 rounds from an RPK into the chest of a soldier and still have him run off and hide. Rediculous. Also, heads shots are still broken. I put a .44 slug into someone's temple at medium range last night, and he turned around and shot me dead. How the ****?

Gun damage too low? lol guys, either you are suppressed (I hope they fix it before DLC in June) or just need to aim. The guns deal a ton of damage and the game has very good hitreg.

I have had some WTF moments lately, I turned the corner on a guy last night who was prone and hipfired with the M416 from a few feet away, he shot me with a shotgun, I died and he had 100% health. I'm not arguing it was the best tactic, but I don't see how I didn't get any bullets in him. Also had the same thing happen where I got hitboxes with a pistol, got killed, guy had 100% health.

They're few and far between though, for the most part I like the suppression changes, I've been getting more kills, and gun fights at a distance seem more fun.

Hope they do sort it. I use my iPad to keep track of progress while playing but it's almost impossible to keep track of medals and ribbons as these are done wth a hover on the website and of course you can't hover as such on a n iPad or any touch device.

I've got a friend who's an app dev and says its pretty easy to get an ipad version, just need to up the resolutions for the new retina and submit, its only complex if you want a specific iPad styled display with extra features etc.

Gun damage too low? lol guys, either you are suppressed (I hope they fix it before DLC in June) or just need to aim. The guns deal a ton of damage and the game has very good hitreg.

I get hitmarkers and far too many of them, which proves that I am actually hitting my targets. I am not complaining about this because I die alot, I am complaining because it's goofy as hell having to nearly empty a mag into a guy at times.

hey guys, I was looking to get rid of my Limited Edition xbox 360 version of the game, and hoping to trade up to the pc version since upgrading last month. Problem is, EBgames (canada) will only give me $22 for it and the pc game is $59.99, I was hoping to find some deal or sale or even a coupon code somewhere, doesn't matter if it's Digital Download or not. I've searched and searched but came up empty handed.

I don't mind paying 20-30 dollars for the difference, but to pay almost $40 for the difference to go to PC is in my opinion ridiculous. Any Help???

hey guys, I was looking to get rid of my Limited Edition xbox 360 version of the game, and hoping to trade up to the pc version since upgrading last month. Problem is, EBgames (canada) will only give me $22 for it and the pc game is $59.99, I was hoping to find some deal or sale or even a coupon code somewhere, doesn't matter if it's Digital Download or not. I've searched and searched but came up empty handed.

I don't mind paying 20-30 dollars for the difference, but to pay almost $40 for the difference to go to PC is in my opinion ridiculous. Any Help???

Here you go! $30 from Amazon, digital download. I bought BF3 digitally at launch from them and they're very easy to deal with.

http://www.amazon.co...c/dp/B002I0HJZO

Make sure PC Download is selected.

I saw this, yesturday, however I was hesitant since i'm from canada and not US. Amazon has a canadian version and there a sale but not a digital download version, AND limited edition is priced in the 70's

Dice has their feet planted firmly in the air as usual.

"Fixed TV Missile doing much more damage than it should (it is no longer a 1-hit kill)"

TV missile was just fine, the only real problem was there was no defense, no audible warning, no lock sounds.

Dice has their feet planted firmly in the air as usual.

"Fixed TV Missile doing much more damage than it should (it is no longer a 1-hit kill)"

TV missile was just fine, the only real problem was there was no defense, no audible warning, no lock sounds.

And as far as I can tell, it still seems to be a 1 hit kill on any armor..

I've never used the TV missile before, but it makes sense to me that it should be a one-shot kill.

If you can hit somebody with it, you deserve the kill.

• Like 1

I hate how tanks are easily destroyed by jets using only bullets. Nothing angers me more than leaving spawn in a tank only to have it shot to death moments later by a jets bullet sprays. (even when using various tank options)