Show us your workstations!

Welcome to the workstation photos thread. In this thread you may post pics of your workstation area.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

I will also ask that you link to images on your own space, as much as possible.

The usual forum rules also apply.

The last thread can be found here.

Here's my setup at home. Instead of listing out my long summary of hardware, I'll paste the spreadsheet I use to track it all :)

Looking down at my desk:

J6zPr.jpg

Another angle.

IH3zv.jpg

From the left of my desk, looking across. Yes, I wanted to show off my =tags&includes[1]=title"]Zombie Snow White decal :)

0EnEs.jpg

My two 6 TB SmartStor RAID arrays. Below that are my 2 travelling 2 TB drives and a Time Machine backup.

GT8RE.jpg

My hardware rack, yeah I need to clean up some of those cables.

zquZp.jpg

Here you go, finally updated my workstation. If you remember my old one (it's in the old thread).. this is a big improvement. Strange dot on the last image is a lens flare. xD

Clean and Unclean. :p

post-154856-0-69653200-1301855556.jpg

post-154856-0-37620400-1301855567.jpg

post-154856-0-27365900-1301855605.jpg

• Like 2

Here's my setup at home. Instead of listing out my long summary of hardware, I'll paste the spreadsheet I use to track it all :)

Looking down at my desk:

J6zPr.jpg

Another angle.

IH3zv.jpg

From the left of my desk, looking across. Yes, I wanted to show off my =tags&includes[1]=title"]Zombie Snow White decal :)

0EnEs.jpg

My two 6 TB SmartStor RAID arrays. Below that are my 2 travelling 2 TB drives and a Time Machine backup.

GT8RE.jpg

My hardware rack, yeah I need to clean up some of those cables.

zquZp.jpg

nice setup...direct line to nmcc? and is that tiger blood himself bowling in the background?

that's a razer mouse down there?

It sure is, the mouse mat is a razer one also. :p

Can I ask what chair you guys are using? Looking to upgrade... my old chair just broke.

Here's the one I bought. It's incredibly comfortable, but if I am sitting in it wearing just my boxers and a t-shirt, it starts to chaff my ass. Granted, I sit in my chair for 6-10 hours at a time.

http://www.1officefurnituremall.com/raynor-ergohuman/ME7ERG-Mesh-High-Back-Chair.php

To be honest with you it looks a bit uncomfortable :/ Maybe I'm just a bit picky but I do spend easily 10-14 hrs sitting in a computer chair / day

It's really not. It's much more comfortable than the old leather chair I used to have. :p It's more like a small living room chair than a computer one.

here's a guts version of my workstation

Might just be me, but I thought this thread was for workstations so other people can get ideas for their own, not close up shots of inside a computer :/

• Like 4

post-160102-0-73144600-1301930470.jpg

This is my new (to me) desk that I inherited from my Late Father who used it to keep his Kidney Dialysis supplies in (cubbies).

I live in a 600sqft apartment so things have to be compressed therefore things are really not too comfortable, but for what I have, it is quite awesome now in terms of the desk. Things have changed slightly since I took this picture, I moved the router, modem and box from top of router into the lower left corner (Router is now where the CD's are in the bottom left and firefighter figurine has moved to their old place).

The computer is a Mid-2010 iMac. Bottom right is my external Hard Drive 1TB inside. Mess below is misc stuff including some speakers, my SubWoofer from my still kickin' Creative Labs 5.1 surround system (currently only playing 2.1). Misc tools on the bottom right (Floor), and yes - that is an old Windows XP CD folder. :) Since I took this picture, I have also drilled some grommet holes in the back of the hutch on top to feed the wires through to make it a cleaner in appearance.

Otherwise essentially the same, the Chair is about to go out the door as soon as I can find one cheap enough, but more importantly high enough, this desk is already 1' higher than my old one so it is a stretch.

This is a WIP so far and things will be finalized soon I hope. Next stop is cable management. ;)

Here's my desk at work these days. I've been doing a bit of everything so there's all kinds of hardware.

MacBook Pro (late 2009) -- Lion/Snow Leopard dual boot

Mac Pro (late 2010) -- Snow Leopard

HP Elitebook 8540w -- Windows 7 Enterprise

HP 6000 desktop -- Windows Server 2008 R2

iPad 3G 32GB

iPhone 4 (GSM) (used to take the pic)

2x Dell 19" and 2x Dell 17" on an Ergotron 2x2 stand

Using Synergy to get the Mac and PCs to talk to each other

post-4401-0-42312600-1301931042.jpg

Might just be me, but I thought this thread was for workstations so other people can get ideas for their own, not close up shots of inside a computer :/

Are you trying to score points by being a workstation nazi?

I don't see you posting any ideas at least my rig shows some representation of cable management.

Are you trying to score points by being a workstation nazi?

I don't see you posting any ideas at least my rig shows some representation of cable management.

The fact you called me a nazi shows you completely missed the basic point I was making.

Here's my current workspace. Wish I could have less cables on it. Click on it to go to Flickr for photo notes.

5598101803_77f74290b7_z.jpg

The fact you called me a nazi shows you completely missed the basic point I was making.

I called you a workstation nazi, two different things entirely. You had beef with the interiors of my rig and I demand satisfaction..

I called you a workstation nazi, two different things entirely. You had beef with the interiors of my rig and I demand satisfaction..

Oh gawd! :rofl:

Oh gawd! :rofl:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I never even noticed until you pointed it out. Oh god hahahaha! :rofl: