Show us your workstations!

Here's my current workspace. Wish I could have less cables on it. Click on it to go to Flickr for photo notes.

cant u get a docking station?

Can't you get a docking station?

Not for this laptop no, as far as I know the Studio line don't have support, only the business line do (Vostro etc.)

Wallpaper?

I posted it in the Desktops thread, it's called Green Forest and can be found here

The specs for everything are in my sig. The 23in LCD behind the MBP rarely gets used anymore. Same for the MX1000 mouse or keyboard. I just SSH into the desktop now.

Looking @ it I realize that I dont use the speakers anymore either, I use the MacBooks or headphones, and yes, that is a 6850 just sitting on my desk. I have no use for it anymore so I took it out. I plan to sell it eventually.

The specs for everything are in my sig. The 23in LCD behind the MBP rarely gets used anymore. Same for the MX1000 mouse or keyboard. I just SSH into the desktop now.

Looking @ it I realize that I dont use the speakers anymore either, I use the MacBooks or headphones, and yes, that is a 6850 just sitting on my desk. I have no use for it anymore so I took it out. I plan to sell it eventually.

you should sell that MBP

you should sell that MBP

It's the only thing I have that I actually use. The desktop is mostly just a file server now, when I actually have it on. I have an external 2TB drive that I keep all my stuff on, and it's just a copy of a 2TB drive in the desktop. It could die tomorrow and I won't really care, it was a waste of money to build it. I'm actually looking for an external RAID1 to put 2x 3TB in for backed up storage, and turn the 2TB into a Time Machine drive.

It's the only thing I have that I actually use. The desktop is mostly just a file server now, when I actually have it on. I have an external 2TB drive that I keep all my stuff on, and it's just a copy of a 2TB drive in the desktop. It could die tomorrow and I won't really care, it was a waste of money to build it. I'm actually looking for an external RAID1 to put 2x 3TB in for backed up storage, and turn the 2TB into a Time Machine drive.

Ah my bad, I misread your last post. I thought you mentioned your MBP rarely gets used anymore which is why I suggested you selling it.

Here you go, finally updated my workstation. If you remember my old one (it's in the old thread).. this is a big improvement. Strange dot on the last image is a lens flare. xD

Clean and Unclean. :p

post-154856-0-69653200-1301855556.jpg

post-154856-0-37620400-1301855567.jpg

post-154856-0-27365900-1301855605.jpg

I'm not a MAC guy, but that is a sexy setup! Your paint job/colors are pretty sweet.

I'm not a MAC guy, but that is a sexy setup! Your paint job/colors are pretty sweet.

deja vu I think I saw this post a few days ago and the one after it of this guy being corrected.

Thanks.

It was all painted by myself and a friend of mine. Took us like 2 days but it was a lot of fun.

Here's the setup I finally put together, 2 Promise SmartStor RAID devices, I put 4 2TB drives in each, then configured them for RAID 5. I have 6TB usable storage on each. To keep costs and power usage down, I bought WD Green drives, which spin at 5900 RPM, but I daisy chain them to my Mac Mini via FireWire 800, so I still get some incredible read/write speeds.

At the end of it all, my total was right around $1350.

GT8RE.jpg

ikea is bleh I got mine from officedepot. it was 179 and it's very nice. nicely accommodates my setup and an all in one printer, and then some.

What desk is that? I've been trying to find a decent-priced corner desk just like that. Only downside is I can't fit my 32" vizio on most desks... And I really don't like turning to switch from my xbox to my pc and back.

I just got a table, computer desks have too many different shelves and things on them - all I need is one large, sturdy surface. :]

• Like 3

Here's my desk at work these days. I've been doing a bit of everything so there's all kinds of hardware.

MacBook Pro (late 2009) -- Lion/Snow Leopard dual boot

Mac Pro (late 2010) -- Snow Leopard

HP Elitebook 8540w -- Windows 7 Enterprise

HP 6000 desktop -- Windows Server 2008 R2

iPad 3G 32GB

iPhone 4 (GSM) (used to take the pic)

2x Dell 19" and 2x Dell 17" on an Ergotron 2x2 stand

Using Synergy to get the Mac and PCs to talk to each other

post-4401-0-42312600-1301931042.jpg

That workstation wouldn't be complete without that Pats cup. Go Pats!!!