Meet the browser: Firefox Next

Looks like they don't have everything worked out with this yet: http://espn.go.com/

They just have go.com highlighted and not espn, like Chrome normally would have.

I would say it's on purpose, a lot of phishing sites do stuff like insertyourbankname.webhost.com, highlighting sub-domain makes the site look more legit than the Firefox approach which highlights only the web host.

I never understood why Chrome does it that way. I'm glad Mozilla didn't follow them on this one.

Any news on move tab animation?

will it be in fx5 or fx6?

Should hopefully make fx6. It's just waiting for approval right now.

^ works great, thanks!

Another thing that bugs me is scrolling. It's too slow compared to Chrome. Any chance I can increase scrolling speed to match Chrome's?

Try either of these:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/yet-another-smooth-scrolling/

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/smoothwheel/

I personally prefer Smooth Wheel. Alternatively you can adjust how many lines your mouse wheel scrolls through windows, but that adjusts it for everything.

Actually Firefox 4 does not obey Windows scrolling anymore. To change the amount of scrolling in Firefox itself (without the use of any addons) go to about:config, search for "mousewheel" and near the bottom you'll see the "mousewheel.withnokey" section. Set "mousewheel.withnokey.action" to 1, "mousewheel.withnokey.numlines" to whatever amount you want to scroll(default is 6), and "mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines" to false.

Actually Firefox 4 does not obey Windows scrolling anymore. To change the amount of scrolling in Firefox itself (without the use of any addons) go to about:config, search for "mousewheel" and near the bottom you'll see the "mousewheel.withnokey" section. Set "mousewheel.withnokey.action" to 1, "mousewheel.withnokey.numlines" to whatever amount you want to scroll(default is 6), and "mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines" to false.

Is there a way to change the scrolling speed for keyboard arrows too? It's soooo slow.

It works like a charm, however "mousewheel.withnokey.action" has to be 0 otherwise, "mousewheel.withnokey.numlines" will have no effect and you'll end up with a huge scroll step.

Looks like they don't have everything worked out with this yet: http://espn.go.com/

They just have go.com highlighted and not espn, like Chrome normally would have.

It's plain stupid to highlight the sub-domain name like Chrome, making the rest of the link grey without the sub-domain is pointless.

Firefox, IE and Opera highlight only the domain name.

How do I do to have the reload/stop button like this on my Nightly?

51828860.png

The easy way: Reset the toolbar buttons

Or you can put manually the reload and stop button right of the address bar like this:

882720672.PNG

The easy way: Reset the toolbar buttons

Or you can put manually the reload and stop button right of the address bar like this:

882720672.PNG

Actually I've had the buttons like this, two buttons one per each function. I've two installations. One nightly as i explained before, and one with firefox (synced settings) which appears looking at least better than nightly this way:

mA7lC.jpg

So firstly I don't know why this difference between both installations, because i'm not concious of changing exactly this, and secondly I don't see how to choose between them :)

thx for the answers-

How do I do to have the reload/stop button like this on my Nightly?

51828860.png

What do you mean with "like this"?

Actually I've had the buttons like this, two buttons one per each function. I've two installations. One nightly as i explained before, and one with firefox (synced settings) which appears looking at least better than nightly this way:

So firstly I don't know why this difference between both installations, because i'm not concious of changing exactly this, and secondly I don't see how to choose between them :)

thx for the answers-

That's because you're using the IE9 urlbar style in Stratiform. That's how it's supposed to look by design.

What do you mean with "like this"?

I'm talking about the red stop/reload button.

That's because you're using the IE9 urlbar style in Stratiform. That's how it's supposed to look by design.

You're right, now I changed it to by default but still no red reload button

I'm talking about the red stop/reload button.

actually only the stop is red, the go green and the transparent!

Are you just trying to be stupid?

You could try resetting your toolbars.

Toolbar->Customize->Restore Default Set

What about the reload? haha, so the only way it's setting by default the bar?

Ok, done it, thanks everyone. It's pretty interesting because when I go to customization view for the toolbar, both buttons appear separate, but when quit then transform in the reload/stop button.

^They merge when you put both buttons next to each other. I guess they made it like that so that the users can make a choice between both settings.

And while typing this I discovered it only happens when you put the Refresh button to the left of the Stop button. It doesn't work if you put it on the right of the Stop button :p

Are you just trying to be stupid?

Are just trying to be a smartass? The answer referred to "red stop reload" but only the stop is red. So i pointed this out. So what? If you had a different answer, you could have just poster it

I'm using Xmarks 3.9.9, and basically, it doesn't work, telling me that Firefox couldn't initialize something or other. I've disabled history and tab sync, leaving only the bookmarks.

Here's a screenshot of the error:

207097770.JPG

And a link to the steps they offered:

http://wiki.foxmarks.com/wiki/Foxmarks:_Error:_Bookmark_database_corrupted

I've done them, but the problem persists. Anyone share the same issue?

I'm using Xmarks 3.9.9, and basically, it doesn't work, telling me that Firefox couldn't initialize something or other. I've disabled history and tab sync, leaving only the bookmarks.

Here's a screenshot of the error:

207097770.JPG

And a link to the steps they offered:

http://wiki.foxmarks.com/wiki/Foxmarks:_Error:_Bookmark_database_corrupted

I've done them, but the problem persists. Anyone share the same issue?

i don't use xmarks personally, but i've heard others saying that it doesn't work anymore with nightly!

HTML5 elements increased after Progress element shipped....1014 bugs fixed till now...

I think Mozilla also changed warning page...Can anybody confirm this?

Ok.I have a problem with the Nightly ever since 6.1a landed.In a forum there is a "view first new post" button when a new post is made,but when i click it,it redirects me to the same post every time.But when i clear the cache it redirects me correctly to the last new post.Any idea what is causing this and a possible fix/workaround(other than clearing the cache before visiting the forum)?