Meet the browser: Firefox Next

New identity button style landed in the nightly.

post-2190-0-34142000-1303278879.png

post-2190-0-67919300-1303278556.png

post-2190-0-03113700-1303278550.png

I have the latest nightly and I can't see it :huh:

Anyone know from where I can get the build with the smooth moving tabs?

New identity button style landed in the nightly.

post-2190-0-34142000-1303278879.png

post-2190-0-67919300-1303278556.png

post-2190-0-03113700-1303278550.png

Aero borders seem to be smaller as well.

Looks like it's no longer available. As far as I can tell, the patch is just waiting for review so it shouldn't be too long before it's in the nightlies.

i can upload it if you want!

I played a little with the new settings in the about:config that are introduced by this fix and the font looks much better now.The default values were not good for me.And they say this is only one of the issues causing the bad fonts so there may be more font fixes soon.

I played a little with the new settings in the about:config that are introduced by this fix and the font looks much better now.The default values were not good for me.And they say this is only one of the issues causing the bad fonts so there may be more font fixes soon.

Please share you settings with us, so we can also try..

Please share you settings with us, so we can also try..

Bug 642589 landed in today's nightly, so for everyone having trouble with font rendering, please have a look at the gfx.font_rendering.cleartype_params.* settings in about:config. The params follow the ranges given here: ClearType Registry Settings. In addition, the available rendering modes are explained here: DWRITE_RENDERING_MODE Enumeration. The numbers gfx.font_rendering.cleartype_params.rendering_mode takes correspond with these modes as follows: "0 = default, 1 = aliased, 2 = GDI Classic, 3 = GDI Natural,

4 = Natural, 5 = Natural Symmetric]

Source: mozillazine forum

LOL.I didn't play with the gfx.font_rendering.cleartype_params.rendering_mode,just with the contrast,gamma and cleartype lvl ones.But when i set those to default and gfx.font_rendering.cleartype_params.rendering_mode to "2" for GDI Classic it is now perfect!!!Like with the AA addon,but without the bad spacing.They finally fixed it!!!

With the AA addon it was far worse.Some of the letters overlapped and some were too far away within one word.And i prefer the GDI Natural rendering.Didn't try it yet in the previous post.

Why not?It looks better without borders.What do you need borders for anyway?

That's purely an opinion and I personally like the borders imo.

Using the latest nightly from today, anyone else notice that Stylish doesn't open in it's own manage window now or is it just me? It forces it open in a tab so I can't search through my styles.

I can right click on the extension and get it that way.. but then it won't let me switch back to firefox without closing that window. :wacko:

Stylish 1.1.2

-Updated the toolbar button to act more like other toolbar buttons

-New default in Firefox 4 is to use the Add-ons Manager when choosing Manage Styles. The setting extensions.stylish.manageView is still available - 0 for add-ons manager, 1 for stand-alone dialog, 2 for sidebar

-Added links for creating a new style and going to userstyles.org in add-ons manager

-Removed Page Style overlay

-Fixes for latest Firefox, Seamonkey, and Thunderbird

-Updated Czech and Japanese localizations

-Added partial Romanian localization

Edit:

Also, you can edit your styles through the addons manager, BUT NOT on the EXTENSIONS tab, but on the USER STYLES tab.

Thanks, it's odd though because Firefox 4 has the normal behavior I'm used to, while the nightly doesn't. Not a big deal though.

in about config, set:

extensions.stylish.manageView

to 1 to make it open in a dialog!