Meet the browser: Firefox Next

I don't know if this is from a change in the nightlies or from upgrading to Windows 8.1, but the arrows on the menu are pixelated. Has anyone else experienced this or have a fix?

post-45228-0-20487600-1382314292.png

It's a preexisting bug which 8.1 made more prevalent, at least that's what I think (I remember seeing bug reports about it since they switched on DPI scaling, since 8.1 was released I've seen just as many new ones filed)

Why? Who knows! That's being rendered internally by Firefox so I have no idea why it'd be different in 8.1 vs. 8 or even 7.

Edit: Or maybe 8.1 is now changing the DPI in more places, that's a much better explanation.

http://www.ghacks.net/2013/10/20/mozilla-considers-switching-9-week-release-schedule/ just goes to show you that this 6 weeks release wAS TO SHORT IF THEY GO WITH A 9 WEEK RELEASE SCHEDULE 

Well, praise the lord!

For me, the ideal is a 12 week release cycle, 6 week cycle is ridiculous for a web browser when they can make minor updates whitout breaking nearly everything every 6 week

I haven't had a single "breakage" since they started the 6 week release cycle, even when using the beta releases.

+100

I used Firefox Nightly from when Nightly had version 6 (2nd week of it) till version 26 (last week of it). I does not faced that much severe issues as I faced in Chromium snapshots since version 27.

Current issue in Chromium 32+, NPAPI plugins sometime show Black screen while playing anything.

anyone else have issues with Twitter completely breaking on firefox since yesterday? (on beta branch btw)

will post a screenshot if needed when i get home tonight

I haven't had a single "breakage" since they started the 6 week release cycle, even when using the beta releases.

Yup, same here.

If you dislike the 6-week cycle, use the ESR builds. Job done.

anyone else have issues with Twitter completely breaking on firefox since yesterday? (on beta branch btw)

will post a screenshot if needed when i get home tonight

yes, missing avatar images and sometimes completely broken pages. a new beta was just uploaded on their servers, hope this fixes it.

yes, missing avatar images and sometimes completely broken pages. a new beta was just uploaded on their servers, hope this fixes it.

Just got the new beta update, it does fix it.

ok good, glad it wasn't just me. was rather annoying

will update tonight :)

Just got the new beta update, it does fix it.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2760881

Same issues, you people are not alone.... LOL!!!

OSCP Stapling is the root cause of issue...

So the root cause is some OCSP servers run by CAs don't provide fully valid responses, and the web servers are potentially using stale OCSP responses in the stapling and sending that to Firefox (Which then rejects it)

Edit: Or the CA response is valid, but servers just aren't checking for new responses soon enough.

Looks like Australis won't ship till March 2014, at least according to this site. Not really sure if it's accurate information.

http://www.ghacks.net/2013/10/24/firefoxs-australis-design-wont-ship-march-2014/

Its from Platform Meetings or Delivery Notes... Both sources are credible...

I just noticed that the latest Nightly adds back/forward animation (like Safari) on 10.7+. Looks pretty cool. I just don't know if I'm experiencing stuttering scrolling due to that or Mavericks.

My "back" and "forward" buttons changed yesterday, has there been an update?

what branch of firefox are you using? 

tried a New Profile? 

what branch of firefox are you using? 

tried a New Profile? 

Firefox 24 Central.

I don't even know there are profiles...

I did however install Firebug. :ermm:

It's not that I don't like the new buttons, I just don't know why this happened. They used to be just borderless arrows, now they look chromish.

Could the persona I'm using have been updated and it changed the buttons?

Firefox 24 Central.

I don't even know there are profiles...

I did however install Firebug. :ermm:

It's not that I don't like the new buttons, I just don't know why this happened. They used to be just borderless arrows, now they look chromish.

Could the persona I'm using have been updated and it changed the buttons?

No update for Firefox 24 out in few days, it could be that one of your theme or extension got update although since you mentioned Persona (new themes) updated but they are not meant to change FF buttons if I am not wrong. So I can think of only addon causing it.

Yes, you can make Firefox Profiles by going into run in Windows and typing this "firefox.exe -p" without quotes.

I can stand the lack of status bar, but rounded tabs are just ugly and doesn't fit at all IMO...

Mephisto, both links are for Windows 8

Why there are Cut Copy Paste buttons in Downloads menu?

I can stand the lack of status bar, but rounded tabs are just ugly and doesn't fit at all IMO...

Whoops. Fixed the first link

The windows 8 mockup looks really nice IMO. Magnitudes better than the current fx theme does in windows 8...

I don't know why the curved tabs bother people so much. Only the active tab is really curved, inactive tabs look nice and squared and blended into the background until you mouse over them. 

There's no proper status bar in the current release, hasn't been for a while.

And the Cut/Copy/Paste buttons aren't in the download menu, they're in the toolbar palette.

The Windows 8 version actually looks okay. If they have to go through with the theme change at all they should use that version for both Windows 7 and 8. I really do not get why they keep using that ugly blue color.