Meet the browser: Firefox Next

Nice to see a bug I found as the 5th item in the release notes.

I didn't think it was that bad originally, but retina displays/mobile made the issue much more apparent.

Work on Electrolysis is progressing quite fast, and as I seen unlike any previous Monkey (JS Engine), modernized Ion Monkey now gets improvement and fixes much better which means it will continue evolve and bring new stuff to the table for us. Firefox dev disabled "Aero Peek" feature in electrolysis builds currently, don't know about their future plans on it.

Similarly,firefox is working on making Session Store compatible with Electrolysis.

Some Content Security Policy improvements and not forget Web Audio API continuous implementation.

Sorry to inform, but I am not using Firefox Nightly myself so I might know little then users currently using, I only read bug reports or Inbound stream bugs landing.

about:compartments have been merged in about:memory.

--- New cache backend is now in review process so hopeful that it might land in FF27..

Work on Electrolysis is progressing quite fast, and as I seen unlike any previous Monkey (JS Engine), modernized Ion Monkey now gets improvement and fixes much better which means it will continue evolve and bring new stuff to the table for us. Firefox dev disabled "Aero Peek" feature in electrolysis builds currently, don't know about their future plans on it.

Similarly,firefox is working on making Session Store compatible with Electrolysis.

Some Content Security Policy improvements and not forget Web Audio API continuous implementation.

Sorry to inform, but I am not using Firefox Nightly myself so I might know little then users currently using, I only read bug reports or Inbound stream bugs landing.

about:compartments have been merged in about:memory.

--- New cache backend is now in review process so hopeful that it might land in FF27..

i just think the Devs should concentrate on getting Australis  out the door before they hook onto other stuff ( Australis looks rather Nice in Linux, looks ugly in windows though ) 

i just think the Devs should concentrate on getting Australis  out the door before they hook onto other stuff ( Australis looks rather Nice in Linux, looks ugly in windows though ) 

They aren't gonna land Australis till its performance regressions not fixed. So its delayed till then.

Cache backend gonna land this week with off by default.

They aren't gonna land Australis till its performance regressions not fixed. So its delayed till then.

an whats the New Cache backend gonna do exactly? performance wise etc ? 

It'll be faster, it'll let Firefox resume from crashes better (Currently if Firefox crashes it invalidates the cache, causing it to re-download pages to display them, which is why resuming from a crash is normally slower than a normal startup), etc.

i always thought they were gonna enable Australis on 27 Nightlies to see what the performance problems were  if there still are any 

I just grabbed the current Aurora nightly - ModernUI Firefox (8.1 RTM) actually displays Neowin faithfully; however, the tougher tests wil be Flash-based sites (mostly Facebook) - for whatever reason, Flash-heavy sites tend to be quirky with ALL browsers (however, the quirks with each browser are different).

The latest nightly enables support for the new cipher suites in TLS 1.2, there's only a few compatibility issues holding back enabling it fully now.

8VlAnq9.png

That's with some custom settings to disable non AES/RC4 ciphers, and non ephemeral key exchange mechanisms though, it should work fine but it breaks Twitter, so that's one of the reasons it's not on by default yet.

Edit: Oh yeah, the new TLS 1.2 cipher suite is the AES GCM one listed near the top.

SQLite 3.8.0.2 and libpng 1.6.6 update landed in today's nightly.

Nowadays, Firefox dev are focusing Peacekeeper benchmark especially Strings related and current Nightly might be faster on Peacekeeper.

dunno where i read this, might have been a link in the mozillazine forum, that said Australis was gonna land on the 16th of this month on Nightly ? 

from what i read about the " shumway " project, its an opensource Flashplayer, which is an will be great for Linux users ( not so much for Winblows users ) as Adobe will not make any New Linux Flash updates, they only provide security updates. 

CSS3 support landed.

"all" shorthand - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=842329

"unset" value - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=921731

Not to mention, HTML5 "Shared Web Worker" support also landed in mozilla-inbound.

from what i read about the " shumway " project, its an opensource Flashplayer, which is an will be great for Linux users ( not so much for Winblows users ) as Adobe will not make any New Linux Flash updates, they only provide security updates.

And on mobile devices, where there's no Flash (After low depth rendering, the constant error messages about lacking Flash is what annoys me most in Firefox on my N7)

I have no idea if it's a bug or not, but in one Shumway demo I get around 30fps on my N7, while I only get around 3-5fps on my 2009 Mac Mini.

Edit: It's stuffed in Safari as well so I have no idea, looks like a bug with the implementation used on the page.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2756255&sid=d73fce557c849fad969ccd7a3a8d90cf a rumor or true?  an going from Omega this is a " Gain "  how so. i would think quite the opposite, not a gain. makes you think Does Firefox or will it have any future beyond Australis? if there Focus is or will only be Firefox OS . 

http://getaustralis.com/

A hint that Australis will finally land soon? 

~snip image~

Firefox goes Chrome.

First person to show factual true identity of new Firefox. 

Asa might be leaving?

Isn't it a really good thing for Mozilla Firefox? It might at least put little dent in Chromification of Firefox.

The only bad thing about australis i think, are these too much rounded tabs - doesn't feel good with the rest of its new skin. Also, browsers looking similar to each other isn't a bad thing - esp. for non experienced users.