Meet the browser: Firefox Next

bawz
5 hours ago, Gary7 said:

I used that one for a tad, I use FT Deep Dark now.

i dont mind me Dark Themes but i guess some people hate them an prefer light ones

Boo Berry
13 hours ago, Demz said:

do you know what it actually looks like on the browser?

Uhh, yeah, I'm using it right now in Nightly (where I'm posting this from). It fits in with Windows 10's style more, which I like. It'll likely land in Linux and Mac too in Firefox 53.

bawz
9 hours ago, Boo Berry said:

Uhh, yeah, I'm using it right now in Nightly (where I'm posting this from). It fits in with Windows 10's style more, which I like. It'll likely land in Linux and Mac too in Firefox 53.

yeah thats what i thought, probably more of a Windows like Theme rather than a Linux one. but yeah i looked at it in 53, but a link claims that i read that these 2 themes should also land in a stable branch, which may land in 52? dunno yet http://www.askvg.com/2-new-themes-compact-dark-and-compact-light-added-to-mozilla-firefox/

bawz

but wait, there's more there planning to remove, . if people still wanna use it, go over to SeaMonkey

• 2 weeks later...
BooBerry
WebAssembly Ends Browser Preview With Initial API & Binary Format

The WebAssembly stakeholders agreed that it's the end of the browser preview phase with the initial WebAssembly API and binary format being complete for their initial implementation. Web browsers can now begin shipping WebAssembly support enabled by default.

WASM can allow compiling C/C++ among other languages down into code supported by Firefox, Chrome, WebKit, and Edge.

• Like 6

bawz
22 minutes ago, Konstantine said:

Hello everyone. I saw that Firefox 52 for Android is out( http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/mozilla/firefox/firefox-52-0-release/ )

so I was wondering if the PC version(or an almost-final build) is also out?

Edit: is that it? https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/candidates/52.0-candidates/build2/

Firefox 52 Technically comes out on the 7th Rapid Release Calendar https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar

Konstantine
4 hours ago, Demz said:

Firefox 52 Technically comes out on the 7th Rapid Release Calendar https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar

So now the release cycle is 1 month ---> 2 months ---> 1 month ---> 2 months and so on and so on, Weird if you ask me. :p

The_Decryptor
7 hours ago, Konstantine said:

So now the release cycle is 1 month ---> 2 months ---> 1 month ---> 2 months and so on and so on, Weird if you ask me. :p

Yeah, bit odd, but apparently it's not new

• Like 1

Konstantine
1 hour ago, Demz said:

not much New stuff really coming into Firefox nowadays to really ship a release fast.

if you all look at this Nightly Blog https://blog.nightly.mozilla.org/

you'll see Firefox more or less becoming more an more like Chrome , just take a look at the New Preferences

In the blog that you mention, there is a video showing Redux DevTools. In this video, why is the titlebar black/dark? How do we get this?

bawz
1 hour ago, Konstantine said:

In the blog that you mention, there is a video showing Redux DevTools. In this video, why is the titlebar black/dark? How do we get this?

my guess is to use the New Compact Dark Theme that'll ship with 52? but will ship with 53 an above

Konstantine
21 minutes ago, Demz said:

my guess is to use the New Compact Dark Theme that'll ship with 52? but will ship with 53 an above

It's not the compact theme. The DARK compact theme, makes the tabs the old-style and shrinks the back button.

bawz
25 minutes ago, Konstantine said:

It's not the compact theme. The DARK compact theme, makes the tabs the old-style and shrinks the back button.

NFI dude, yet i dont care tbh might wanna ask in the Mozilla Google Mailing list or the Mozilla Firefox IRC channel  or  get on Mozillazine.org an ask in the Nightly Threads

Konstantine
1 hour ago, Demz said:

NFI dude, yet i dont care tbh might wanna ask in the Mozilla Google Mailing list or the Mozilla Firefox IRC channel  or  get on Mozillazine.org an ask in the Nightly Threads

Thank you, I'll do that. I always forget Mozilla has an IRC server.

bawz
12 hours ago, Konstantine said:

no idea if Mozilla had a Web irc client, i assume it does

bawz
15 hours ago, Konstantine said:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/IRC

Boo Berry

Firefox 52 will officially be released today.

You can already get it via the usual places.

The_Decryptor
On 05/03/2017 at 5:13 PM, Konstantine said:

That's just their system theme, the Linux theme is like the pre-10 theme on Windows and takes the titlebar colour from the system.

That's coming back to the Windows versions too, since Microsoft reversed course on that design idea rather quickly.

• Like 1

Boo Berry

Classic Theme Restorer will officially die when Firefox 57 is released. Doesn't look like Mozilla is willing to add the APIs needed to allow CTR to continue on.

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/03/08/the-death-of-classic-theme-restorer-for-firefox/

If you still need it (and any other XUL/XPCOM extensions), switch to the ESR branch immediately to delay the inevitable until Firefox 59 moves to ESR in 2018.

bawz
5 hours ago, Boo Berry said:

Classic Theme Restorer will officially die when Firefox 57 is released. Doesn't look like Mozilla is willing to add the APIs needed to allow CTR to continue on.

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/03/08/the-death-of-classic-theme-restorer-for-firefox/

If you still need it (and any other XUL/XPCOM extensions), switch to the ESR branch immediately to delay the inevitable until Firefox 59 moves to ESR in 2018.

thats not New News, you could of gotten that info on the mozillazine forum in this post here Old Firefox Extensions

Read all those posts an you'll see what extensions will DIE coming 57

Boo Berry

It's news on gHacks, so I passed it along. But it's not surprising nonetheless.

bawz
16 minutes ago, Boo Berry said:

It's news on gHacks, so I passed it along. But it's not surprising nonetheless.

dunno vhow many use DownThemAll . but that could possibly go Bye Bye to, an im not 100% sure about GreaseMonkey either

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Copernic
      Firefox 90.0.2
      by Razvan Serea

Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.

Firefox has complete features for browsing the Internet. It is very reliable and flexible due to its implemented security features, along with customization options. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.

Beginning in 89, you’ll notice a number of changes, including:

Simplified browser chrome and toolbar: Less frequently used items removed to focus on the most important navigation items. Clear, streamlined menus: Re-organized and prioritized menu content according to usage. Updated labels and removed iconography.

Updated prompts: Infobars, panels, and modals have a cleaner design and clearer language.

Inspired tab design: Floating tabs neatly contain information and surface cues when you need them, like visual indicators for audio controls. The rounded design of the active tab supports focus and signals the ability to easily move the tab as needed.

Fewer interruptions: Reduced number of alerts and messages, so you can browse with fewer distractions.

Cohesive, calmer visuals: Lighter iconography, a refined color palette, and more consistent styling throughout.

Firefox 90.0.1 changelog:

Fixed a crash when using some accessibility clients on Windows (bug 1720696) Fixed busy looping processing some HTTP3 responses (bug 1720079) Fixed transient errors authenticating with some smart cards (bug 1715325) Fixed a rare crash on shutdown (bug 1707057) Fixed a race on startup that caused about:support to end up empty after upgrade (bug 1717894) Firefox 90.0.2 fixes:

Fixed truncated output when printing (bug 1720621) Fixed menu styling on some Gtk themes (bug 1720441, bug 1720874) Changed

Updates to support DoH Canada rollout Download: Firefox 90.0.2 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~50.0 MB (Freeware)
      Download: Firefox 90.0.2 for Linux | 64-bit | ~70.0 MB
      Download: Firefox 90.0.2 for MacOS | 126.0 MB
      View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By zikalify
      Firefox 90 launches with SmartBlock 2.0 and Windows improvements
      by Paul Hill

Mozilla has announced the launch of Firefox 90 today, bringing with it improvements to Firefox on Windows, software WebRender, and SmartBlock’s handling of Facebook trackers. Those on Windows also receive a new Firefox menu that helps identify compatibility issues being caused by third-party applications which could help boost Firefox’s reliability on your system.

Perhaps the feature which will affect most users is the introduction of SmartBlock 2.0 which enhances private browsing. In this update, Facebook scripts are blocked to stop tracking you around the web but if you decide to log in with Facebook on any website the scripts are loaded in a just-in-time fashion to make your browsing experience smoother.

People on Windows will also gain some nice features in this update. From now on, Firefox doesn’t need to be running to download new browser updates, instead, they can be applied in the background while Firefox is closed. Firefox for Windows also includes about:third-party (accessible from the URL bar) which helps identify any compatibility issues caused by third-party programs which could be causing issues in Firefox.

Since Firefox 67, Mozilla has been rolling out WebRender to more and more Firefox installs. With Firefox 90, users without hardware-accelerated WebRender will now be switched to software WebRender which has seen improved performance in this update. With software WebRender, even browsing with Firefox on a less powerful computer should be better.

Firefox should automatically update on Windows and macOS systems but you can force the update by going to Menu > About Firefox > Help. Those on Linux will have to wait for their package manager to update before being allowed to download the update. If you do not have Firefox, you can download it from the Firefox website.

• By Copernic
      Firefox 90.0
      by Razvan Serea

Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.

Firefox has complete features for browsing the Internet. It is very reliable and flexible due to its implemented security features, along with customization options. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.

Beginning in 89, you’ll notice a number of changes, including:

Simplified browser chrome and toolbar: Less frequently used items removed to focus on the most important navigation items. Clear, streamlined menus: Re-organized and prioritized menu content according to usage. Updated labels and removed iconography.

Updated prompts: Infobars, panels, and modals have a cleaner design and clearer language.

Inspired tab design: Floating tabs neatly contain information and surface cues when you need them, like visual indicators for audio controls. The rounded design of the active tab supports focus and signals the ability to easily move the tab as needed.

Fewer interruptions: Reduced number of alerts and messages, so you can browse with fewer distractions.

Cohesive, calmer visuals: Lighter iconography, a refined color palette, and more consistent styling throughout.

What's new in Firefox 90.0:

On Windows, updates can now be applied in the background while Firefox is not running. Firefox for Windows now offers a new page about:third-party to help identify compatibility issues caused by third-party applications Exceptions to HTTPS-Only mode can be managed in about:preferences#privacy Print to PDF now produces working hyperlinks Version 2 of Firefox’s SmartBlock feature further improves private browsing. Third-party Facebook scripts are blocked to prevent you from being tracked, but are now automatically loaded “just in time” if you decide to “Log in with Facebook” on any website.

Fixed:

Various security fixes Changed:

The "Open Image in New Tab" context menu item now opens images and media in a background tab by default. Learn more Most users without hardware accelerated WebRender will now be using software WebRender. Improved software WebRender performance FTP support has been removed Enterprise:

Various bug fixes and new policies have been implemented in the latest version of Firefox. See more details in the Firefox for Enterprise 90 Release Notes. Developer Information

Support for Private Fields (TC39 proposal, stage 3) is available in DevTools. The support includes: object inspection, autocompletion, expression evaluation, variable tooltips, and pretty printing (bug) The Network panel shows a preview of HTTP requests for fonts in the Response tab (bug) Web Platform

Support for Fetch Metadata Request Headers, which allows web applications to better protect themselves and their users against various cross-origin threats. Added the ability to use client authentication certificates stored in hardware tokens or in Operating System storage. Download: Firefox 90.0 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~50.0 MB (Freeware)
      Download: Firefox 90.0 for Linux | 64-bit | ~70.0 MB
      Download: Firefox 90.0 for MacOS | 126.0 MB
      View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By zikalify
      Mozilla prepares for DNS-over-HTTPS rollout in Canada
      by Paul Hill

Mozilla has announced that it’s preparing to roll out DNS-over-HTTPS for its Canadian users thanks to a partnership it has struck with a local DoH provider, the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA). The rollout will begin on July 20 and take a couple of months to reach all Firefox users in the country.

The first country to receive by-default DoH was the United States in February 2020. By encrypting DNS queries, Firefox provides its users with more security and privacy online. On July 20, 1% of Canadian Firefox users will get DoH switched on by default and this will gradually increase before reaching 100% in September 2021.

Commenting on the partnership, Byron Holland, president and CEO of CIRA, said:

If you’re a Firefox user in Canada, you’ll know that DoH has been enabled in your browser because you will see a pop-up near the menu button which explains that Firefox is now securely routing your DNS requests to CIRA to protect you while you browse.

• By Jay Bonggolto
      How to watch YouTube videos in picture-in-picture mode in your browser
      by Jay Bonggolto

YouTube's picture-in-picture (PiP) mode was initially available to premium subscribers of the service before it became live for some Android users. Most recently, the feature also came to YouTube for iOS in the U.S., although it's available only to premium members for now before making its way to everyone soon.

Most major browsers have added support for PiP on Windows as well, expanding the feature's availability from mobile devices to desktops. It allows you to watch a video in a miniplayer that floats on top of other windows at the same time. This guide focuses on making YouTube videos pop out in Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Firefox on Windows.

Microsoft Edge
      Play any YouTube video on Edge. Right-click the video twice. Select the "Picture in picture" option in the context menu. The video miniplayer should now pop out. Google Chrome
      Play any YouTube video on Chrome. Right-click the video twice to display the context menu. Choose the PiP option. The popout miniplayer should now display. Firefox
      Play a video on YouTube. Hover your mouse over the video and click the Picture in Picture icon that sits on the right side. The popout video should now play in PiP mode. The feature is available for free without having to pay for YouTube Premium. By default, after turning on PiP mode, the video shrinks into a small miniplayer at the bottom right of your screen. As usual, you can resize the floating window by dragging from one of the sides, although there's a certain limit to how large you can expand the miniplayer in Chrome and Edge.

On the other hand, you can resize the popout window however you like it on Firefox until it occupies the entire screen. You can also drag it into any position you want as well as play and pause the video.

If you know of other methods to watch YouTube videos in PiP mode other than the ones mentioned above, lets us know in the comments below.