Meet the browser: Firefox Next

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there some "UserChrome" way to add a "New Tab" option to the tab context menu? I am so use to that functionality and had forgot that I actually had an addon to implement it, but it's not functional with Firefox Quantums.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Konstantine said:

Are you going to keep spamming "These Weeks in Firefox"? After 20 straight messages from you we now can visit the site ourselves don't you think?

if i can be bothered to.  but i will do it in the same post  instead of making a New one all the time. which will be hard to do since i cant EDIT post's  so in other words i shall stop doing it all together.  not like this Thread is overly busy anyway so whats the big Deal?

Hmm, what is "Fluent"?

Activity Stream

Highlights include “Saved to Pocket” cards with more caching heuristics incoming.

Reevaluating approach for about:preferences move to incorporate Fluent.

A new name for Cliqz ?

• 3 weeks later...

Facebook Container Extension: Take control of how you’re being tracked

This extension helps you control more of your web activity from Facebook by isolating your identity into a separate container. This makes it harder for Facebook to track your activity on other websites via third-party cookies.

Rather than stop using a service you find valuable and miss out on those adorable photos of your nephew, we think you should have tools to limit what data others can collect about you. That includes us: Mozilla does not collect data from your use of the Facebook Container extension. We only know the number of times the extension is installed or removed.

When you install this extension it will delete your Facebook cookies and log you out of Facebook. The next time you visit Facebook it will open in a new blue-colored browser tab (aka “container tab”). In that tab you can login to Facebook and use it like you normally would. If you click on a non-Facebook link or navigate to a non-Facebook website in the URL bar, these pages will load outside of the container.

Should you click on any Facebook Share buttons on other browser tabs it will load them within the Facebook container. You should know that when you’re using these buttons information will be sent to Facebook about the website that you shared from.

If you use your Facebook credentials to create an account or log in using your Facebook credentials, it may not work properly and you may not be able to login. Also, because you’re logged into Facebook in the container tab, embedded Facebook comments and Like buttons in tabs outside the Facebook container tab will not work. This prevents Facebook from associating information about your activity on websites outside of Facebook to your Facebook identity. So it may look different than what you are used to seeing.

There’s a lot of value in your social data. It’s important to regularly review your privacy settings on all sites and applications that use it. The EFF has useful advice on how to keep your data where you want it to be, under more of your control.

A very interesting extension if you ask me. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Demz said:

mozillazine down again? weirdly it was up, an now its down again,

seems to be fixed after i did a flushdns

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, Konstantine said:

Wow you people don't post much here. What happened?

you whinned about me posting Mozilla Nightly Blog posts so i stopped.