Halo PC Leaked.

HaloPC Beta 1.5 Readme

Welcome to the Beta 1.5 release of Halo for the PC!

This is a download-only interim release, and participation would be appreciated, but is not required for continued enrollment in the Halo PC beta program. The download is a single 324MB Zip file, which will soon be posted on BetaPlace. Please uninstall the previous build before installing this one. You will need to insert your Beta 1 CD into your drive to be able to start the game in this release.

Build Features:

Beta 1.5 is a Multiplayer-only release. Unlike Beta 1 which was single-player only, Beta 1.5 does not contain the Campaign missions, but does contain three Multiplayer maps: Blood Gulch, Timberland, and Gephyrophobia. The first of these is from the Xbox version, and the other two are new to the PC. We encourage you to host or join games as much as possible, so we can measure the Internet game play experience, and see how well the server list holds up with a number of games listed.

Please note that bandwidth requirements are still higher than they will be in the final version. A player on a 56k modem should not attempt to join a game with more than 8 players, or that player will probably not be able to play in the game. If you are hosting a server, your upstream bandwidth determines the number of players you will be able to have a successful game with. If you have 128kbps up, you should be able to host a 4-player game; 256kbps up will let you host 6-8-player games, and you should have roughly 1Mbps to host a 16-player game.

Known Issues (do not bug):

? The Single-player levels are not in this build and you will not be able to select them. This is expected

? There are only the three MP maps mentioned above in this build. This is expected.

? Warthogs are not spawning at the moment, except in certain custom-vehicle-settings games

? Game scoring has some bugs. Score and kills may not correspond correctly.

? Setup artwork is still placeholder (don?t worry!)

? If your My Documents path is not the default in XP, uninstalling Halo will not correctly remove your save games even if you check thiWhat to test:est:

? Setup functionality

? UI functionality

? Hosting a multiplayer game ? please respect the bandwidth guidelines above and do not host more players than your bandwidth will allow. All? bug on this should mention your upstream and downstream bandwidth, and the number of players in the game.

? Joining and playing a multiplayer game ? If you are on a 56k modem, please do not join games with more than 7 players in them.

Please continue to read the newsgroups on betanews.microsoft.com for discussion of specifics to test for, and organized Multiplayer scheduled games. Also feel free to discuss bugs you see, on the appropriate newsgroup (please use halo.ui, halo.multiplayer, etc.)

If you have any administrative questions about replacement beta CD mailings, newsgroup accounts, or other non-game-bug issues, please send email to *****@******.com

Thanks for your continued participation, and have fun!

Roger Wolfson

HAugust 3, 2003 - Beta 1.5 Multiplayer Interim releaseterim release

Beta15.zip (324Source:]

Source: [url=http://www.betaplace.com]http://www.betPicture:]

Picture: It is watermarked as winbeta. but it is not posted there yet *who knows*

Edited by Groovedude

Edit - EzeWong, I have been told I have a nice ass. I guess its a free resting spot since I certainly didnt allow MIKE on there, so enter if you like. :laugh:

:omg:

OMG YES, Where do i enter..... ?

hahha jk omg jk...

Anyone try downloading the multi version yet? Or is eveyron still dling the single player version

I had the beta of UT 2003, 930 mb zipped 4.2 gb unzipped !!

talk about zipping :omg:

My BlueCurve visual style is near 30 MB in size unrarred. I can rar it back to 700kb. (that is less then 1/30th of the original size!!!)

It all depends on what you are compressing, everything is possible