Ad-Aware 2007 is the latest version of Lavasoft's industry leading anti-spyware solutions. Ad-Aware 2007 allows you to combat the growing threats and latest advancements of malicious spyware and malware. Lavasoft's advanced Code Sequence Identification (CSI) technology roots out deeply hidden malware and then searches for similar codes in order to identity emerging variants. Ad-Aware 2007 thoroughly scans your memory, registry, Hosts file, hard, removable and optical drives for known data-mining, aggressive advertising, parasites, scumware, keyloggers, trojans, dialers, malware, browser hijackers, and tracking components.
Ad-Aware 2007 Features
* Fully redesigned engine – provides optimal productivity with fast scans and top resource efficiency
* Advanced Code Sequence Identity technology – results in better detection of deeply imbedded and emerging malware
* Enhanced Detection Database – protects Ad-Aware 2007 users from more malware, with incremental and automatic updates resulting in fast download times
* New graphical user interface (GUI) - easy tonavigate for beginners while maintaining advanced options for experienced users and businesses
* Automaticscans and Web Updates– the all-new scheduler allows you to set apersonalized schedule for automatic scans and definition file updates
*Ad-Watch TrackSweep –this new feature erases tracks left while surfingthe Internet on IE,Firefox and Opera, in one easy click of a button
* Ad-Watch Connect – provides users with advanced protection as an additional shield against hijackers and identify theft
*Hosts File Editor – allows users to add, delete or make changes to theHosts File to create Web navigational shortcuts and block specificsites
* Multiple Browser Support – Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera
*System Restore Point – provides a system restore point, particularlyvaluable for computer users who may have deleted a file in error duringcleanup of their system
What's new in beta 3
Graphic User Interface
* A bug that caused the GUI to crash if the display is set to a higher DPI rate than 96 has been fixed. Users with displays set above this rate will now be able to run the GUI, but fonts will not be displayed correctly.
* The main system for handling graphics has been rewritten, increasing the GUI's speed.
* The GUI's tab component has been rewritten.
* A bug has been fixed in Ad-Watch so that a notification message will appear if users attempt to run Ad-Watch when the application is already running.
* System restore point option has been removed for Windows 2000 operating systems, due to the technology not being supported by Microsoft.
* Lost connection to service when Windows hibernates is fixed.
* Ad-Aware 2007 "lost connection" dialog message is fixed and only launches with lost connection to the service.
* Removed memory leak after closing Ad-Aware.
* The "Windows Start-up Scan" setting can now be implemented from the Settings menu.
* Screensavers cannot be activated during scanning (Smart, Full and Custom Scans) in order to prevent a "Lost connection" error to the Ad-Aware service.
* Improvements to GUI speed on select tabs.
* "Scanner is busy" error message removed when "Start-Up Scan" mode is set to Smart or Full Scan in the Settings menu.
* Multiple minor corrections made in response to forum submissions.
* Messages and a tray icon for scheduled scans and updates have been added.
* A bug in register scan that reported the wrong count of scanned items has been fixed.
* Ad-Watch no longer uses 100 percent CPU.
* A fix has been made to the Hosts File Editor so a dialog box will notify users of accepted or unaccepted entries when importing to the existing Hosts file.
* Database now displays the date of the last incremental update as the database date (core engine).
* Tweaked callback for preparing file hash scan.
* A template bug used for standard windows directories (%temp%, %appdir% etc) is fixed (core engine).
* The service now registers its own failure actions, instead of relying on sc.exe during the installation process which does not work on Win2k.
* Now able to stop process during "preparing GUID scan."
* Now able to stop process during "preparing File hash scan."
* Removed the call to sc.exe during installation in response to installation problems concerning Win2K.