Sylpheed is a simple, lightweight but featureful, and easy-to-use e-mail client (mailer, MUA). Sylpheed runs on Unix-like systems such as Linux, BSD, and Mac OS X. It also supports Windows. Sylpheed uses GTK+ GUI toolkit. The newest version of Sylpheed works with GTK+ 2.4 or later (2.6 or later is recommended). Sylpheed is a free software distributed under the GNU GPL (the library part is GNU LGPL). You can freely use, modify and redistribute it under the license.
Sylpheed has the following features:
* Simple, beautiful, and well-polished user interface
* Comfortable operationality which is built in detail
* Well-organized, easy-to-understand configuration
* Lightweight operation
* High reliability
* Internationalization and Multilingualization support
* High-level Japanese processing
* Various protocols support
* Security features (GnuPG, SSL/TLSv1)
* Powerful filtering and search
* Junk mail control
* Flexible cooperation with external commands
What's New in Sylpheed 2.4.0 beta 5
* Close button was added to the address book dialog, and the layout was improved.
* The automatic junk mail filtering on IMAP4 was enabled.
* Automatically filtered IMAP4 messages are also counted for new mail notification now.
* The default directory of the printing dialog became the document directory.
* The crash on some environments when verifying signed messages was fixed.
* The crash on exit when the order of summary columns were modified by DnD was fixed.
* The wrong handling of quotation in multi-byte strings on MIME header encoding was fixed.
* Win32: The bug that the timeout on receiving and sending didn't work was fixed.
* Win32: The path separator problem of folderlist.xml was fixed.
* Win32: libcairo-2.dll, libgpg-error-0.dll, libgpgme-11.dll, GLib and GTK+ was updated to the latest version.
* Win32: The redraw of windows became smoother (GTK+).
* Win32: Win32 shell icons are now displayed on the file selection dialog (GTK+)