It is now time for the red team to deliver a new graphics driver, as shortly after Nvidia, AMD has now pushed out its Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.2 suite. This release comes with support and optimizations for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, Marvel’s Avengers open beta, Mortal Shell, and A Total War Saga: TROY.
Only Creative Assembly's newly released Total War strategy game TROY received detailed information on optimizations, with an RX 5700 XT offering up to 12% better performance on the new driver compared to the 20.8.1 version from earlier this month. The game should see FPS uplifts across all AMD products.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming in for a landing tomorrow, August 18, which is the same day Mortal Shell will be releasing. Meanwhile, the open beta for Marvel's Avengers will be kicking off later this week on August 21. The Radeon driver arrives as a recommended install for all of these games.
There are a few fixed issues included in the release too:
- Reports of intermittent system hangs while exiting system sleep on some AMD Ryzen™ 3000 Series Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Graphics.
- Pressing a key while Radeon Overlay is open, or exiting Radeon Overlay while playing Hyper Scape™, may cause the players actions to freeze or fail to recognize input from the user.
- Upgrade Advisor may show an “Unable to get requirements” error message when opened on Windows® 7 system configurations.
Here are the known issues:
- With Radeon FreeSync enabled on Radeon RX 5000 series system configurations, task switching to another display or application may cause the display to flicker for a few moments.
- Brightness flickering may be experienced on some VP9 video content playback through applications or web browsers on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics product system configurations.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Performance Metrics Overlay and the Performance Tuning tab incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
- With HDR enabled, Windows® desktop may experience flickering, and performing a task switch while in a game may cause colors to become washed out or over saturated.
- Audio may experience instability when connected through an Audio Video Receiver via HDMI® on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products
- YouTube playback may become frozen with Microsoft® Edge player and Chrome™ when played on an extended display on some AMD Ryzen™ 7 3000 series and AMD Ryzen™ 4000 series APU system configurations.
- Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
- Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- AMD will continue to monitor and investigate any new reports of black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay closely. Users are encouraged to use the new Bug Reporting Tool for any issues they may encounter.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.2 optional driver is now available for download via AMD's Radeon Software app on Windows. Separate download links can be found here and on the official release notes page.