Apple issues statement regarding body found on campus

When local news reported yesterday that a body was found in a conference room in Apple's Cupertino headquarters, little was known about the event.

Since then, the Santa Clara Sheriff's Office has reached out to Neowin to confirm that it was a male, and that there was no foul play or crime committed. The spokesperson was unable to comment on the cause of death, as this is up to the medical examiner. The name of the deceased has not yet been revealed.

She was also unable to confirm the recording that TMZ made available; however, she stated that TMZ had requested a recording of the 911 call hours after it published the audio clip.

Today, Apple has released a statement of its own. A spokesperson for the firm said the following:

We are heartbroken by the tragic loss of a young and talented coworker. Our thoughts and deepest sympathies go out to his family and friends, including the many people he worked with here at Apple,” said a spokesperson. “We are working to support them however we can in this difficult time.

Source: Re/Code

Report a problem with article
Next Article

Motorola sends out invites for May 17 event, could launch the Moto G4

Previous Article

Images reportedly show BlackBerry's two new Android handsets, along with updated branding

15 Comments - Add comment

Advertisement