Thanks Electronic Punk a friend and loyal Neowin member! for telling me about the latest update to the long beta process of Counter-Strike 1.6 patch update. Currently this is only available on Steam.
7.21.03 - beta (current release)
- Added support to choose voice codec quality.
- More changes to Aztec to reduce CPU overhead.
- Added new explosion sounds.
- Fixed server crash when kicking bot who is defusing the bomb.
- Fixed radio/VOX sounds not playing after alt-tab'ing out of the game.
- Fixed bot allow rifle/machine gun options being swapped in new game dialog.
- Fixed server info dialog staying up over game.
- Fixed several slowdowns when having a large number of users in a friends list.
- Fixed sniper zoom blackout not being the same size at different resolutions.
- Fixed hitch first time sound was played through vgui when not in game.
News source: Steam Users Forums