Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy was originally released on the PlayStation 4, and the collection of remastered versions of the three first games in the franchise was a huge success for Activision, which has even considered developing more remastered versions of classic games.
With such a success story, it wasn't entirely surprising when the company announced a couple months ago that it would be bringing over the trilogy to all major gaming platforms on July 10, 2018.
But Activision has a treat for eager fans of the game, as the company took to Twitter today to announce that players on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and Steam will be able to get their hands on the game almost two weeks ahead of time, on June 29.
The PlayStation 4 release happened on June 30, 2017, which makes the new release date a great way to celebrate the anniversary of the original launch. Here's the list of content included in the trilogy:
- Remastered versions of Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, and Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped.
- Dazzling “N. Hanced Fur-K” graphics
- New lighting, animations, textures, models, and cinematics
- New recorded dialogue from original voice actors
- The ability to play as Coco, Crash’s smart and sassy little sister
- Full analog stick support
- A unified save and checkpoint system
Those interested in the game now have about a month and a half to wait before they can enjoy one of gaming's greatest classics.