One of India's leading online wallets FreeCharge has released a major update for its Windows 10 app bringing pretty big features such as Windows Hello, late payments, and QR payments on the platform.
Microsoft featured its partner devices with Hello integration last month, highlighting how far the feature had come since its introduction back in 2015. This update boosts the service's security on the platform, allowing users to enable biometric authentication, such as fingerprint, facial recognition, or iris scanner, on compatible devices. Other features in the update include late payment support allowing users to make payments after the due date, and QR payments which enable users to make payments via QR codes.
The changelog states:
1. Introducing Windows Hello: Use your system’s PIN or biometric authentication to make transactions more secure
2. Late Payment Support - Now you can pay your utility bills even after due date
3. Refer and Earn: Go share the app with your friends and get free recharges!
4. Better Plan Support: We have updated plans across different product types and introduced plans for DTH
5. QR Payments: You can now show your QR codes with shop and merchant to pay
6. We heard you loud and clear - live tile issues have been fixed and the app has been optimized for better performance
Apart from the new features, it also fixes live tile issues and enhances its performance. The update, which bumps the version to 10.4, is available on both Windows 10 PC and Mobile. You can download FreeCharge for Windows 10 here.