Duke Nukem Forever may be getting mixed reviews at best, but hey, at least it will be in stores in the US tomorrow. Ponder that while we go over some more gaming news.
- THQ announced today it would close its internal game developer Kaos Studios, the main developer of its recent first person shooter Homefront.
- Despite this news, it looks like THQ is committed to making new games in the Homefront series over at its Montreal development studio.
- EA and Activision's CEOs are already taking pot shots at each other over the upcoming Battlefield 3-Modern Warfare 3 rivalry.
- The upcoming Call of Duty Elite beta test already has over 2 million people signed up to try it out.
- Time magazine has licensed its logo for the first time ever to be used for a Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 ad.
- A since taken down post on the Best Buy web site reveals that Robin will be a playable character in Batman Arkham City.
- Minecraft has now reached and gone over the 2.5 million unit sales mark.
- The upcoming fantasy action-strategy game Orcs Must Die from developer Robot Entertainment is due for release in late August or early September.
- Some people are not happy that exclusive in-game weapons will be offered as pre-orders for Battlefield 3.
- The very cool and weird looking tower defense game Rock of Ages from developer ACE Team is due for release on August 30.
- Finally, there's a dinosaur (sort of) that was put into the new Battlefield 3 trailer.
8 Comments - Add comment