Microsoft has announced the availability of the Lumia Imaging SDK version 3 with support for Windows 10 PCs and phones, giving developers more access to imaging technology Microsoft uses in its own apps.
The Lumia Imaging SDK, which was first introduced by Nokia last year for its devices, has now reached its third version under Microsoft and comes with advanced features for developers to make use of. The SDK seems to be popular with Windows Phone developers as Microsoft has revealed that its previous versions have been downloaded 100 million times.
Some of the key features of the Lumia Imaging SDK 3.0 are as follows:
- GPU image processing - The performance has been improved by utilizing the GPU.
- Video Frame processing - Lumia Imaging SDK 3.0 provides a Microsoft Media Foundation Transform (MFT) making it possible to apply the effects to video frames.
- Windows interoperability - Lumia Imaging SDK 3.0 supports rendering to SwapChainPanel as well as rendering to or from the new Windows 10 imaging APIs SoftwareBitmap and IDirect3DSurface.
- Information about valid ranges for property values are now available at runtime through PropertyDescriptions. This allows the developer to easily match slider values to the supported range.
- Windows Phone 8.0 and Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight applications are no longer supported.
Source: MSDN Channel 9 | Image via Microsoft