Microsoft is kicking off 2022 with a small but packed first wave of Xbox Game Pass additions. Coming in the first half of this month are heavy hitters like Mass Effect Legendary Edition, Outer Wilds, Gorogoa, and The Pedestrian. Commander Shepard is arriving thanks to EA Play integration with the service.
Here are the announced games and their arrival dates:
- Gorogoa (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Available now
- Olija (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Available now
- The Pedestrian (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Available now
- Embr (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 6
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition (Console and PC) EA Play – January 6
- Outer Wilds (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 6
- Spelunky 2 (Console and PC) – January 13
- The Anacrusis (Game Preview) (Console and PC) – January 13
Keep in mind the EA Play subscription's content is offered as a bonus to both Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PC Game Pass for no extra charge.
At the same time six games will be leaving Xbox Game Pass subscriptions on January 15, them being Desperados III, Ghost of a Tale, Kingdom Hearts III, Mount & Blade: Warband, Pandemic, and Yiik: A Mostpodern RPG. PUBG: Battlegrounds is also on its way out, but only because the game is going free to play.
Once these games are available, the Xbox team should have another drop ready in the second half of January as well.