Media Player Classic - BE is a free and open source audio and video player for Windows. Media Player Classic - BE is based on the original "Media Player Classic" project (Gabest) and "Media Player Classic Home Cinema" project (Casimir666), contains additional features and bug fixes. The BE mod (Black Edition Mod) is a skinned version of Media Player Classic Home Cinema, much better looking than the plain old MPC.
What's new in this version:
- Added support for mounting images of optical disks with Windows 8/8.1.
- Added support for mounting images of optical disks using DAEMON Tools Lite for Windows XP, Vista and 7.
- Added "Restore the position of subtitles."
- Added an option to change the number of recently opened files.
- Added the possibility of multiple manual loading external subtitles and audio files.
- Fixed the incorrect display of '&' in the status bar.
- When you open an external audio adds the ability to open any file/container, not just the audio files.
- When using the "Play next in the folder" added the ability to play looped (in a circle).
- Do not show error reporting when using Direct3D fullscreen mode.
- Removed keyboard shortcuts "Toggle custom channel mapping".
- Keyboard commands "Toggle normalization" renamed "Toggle auto gain control".
- Limited opportunity selection of ports for Web server from 1 to 65535.
- Optimization and adjustment of the output information in PinInfo.
- .awb Extension added to the group "AMR", .sfd - in "MPEG";
- Group "Matroska" renamed "Matroska/WebM", "FLI/FLC" - "FLIC animation".
- Added DSD group and extensions .dsf and .dff.
- Extension .rmvb transferred from the group "other" to the group "RealMedia".
- Changed some of the settings and their location.
- Removed option "Round up to power of two" for subtitles.
- Removed the option "D3D Fullscreen GUI Support".
- Adjusted and optimized code with auto-tuning mode switch monitors.
- If the speed of play is different from the standard, we write it in the status bar.
- Fixed problem of clogging registry branch HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts when opening URL.
- Corrected speed change mechanism. Modify the list of steps to change the speed of 0.1, 0.2, 0.25, 0.5, 1.0.
- Adjusted the volume control work.
- Fixed handling of transparency settings OSD.
- Fixed display Win7 taskbar preview of the above.
- Removed enhanced support opening graphic formats.
- Removed ability to save screenshots and thumbnails formats webp/psd/tga.
- Fixed creation of default.mpcpl.
- Fixed display SeekBar when playing Flash files.
- Fixed getting the frame rate to auto-switch frequencies using MediaInfo.
- Fixed the field "created" in the properties of the file being played.
- Added check for updates. [full release notes]
Download: MPC-BE 1.4.3 32-bit | Portable MPC-BE 1.4.3 32-bit | 10.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: MPC-BE 1.4.3 64-bit | Portable MPC-BE 1.4.3 64-bit | 11.3 MB
Download: MPC-BE 70 Background Images | MPC-BE Toolbar Graphics
Link: MPC-BE Home Page | Forums