April Fools" Day may not be the best date to hold an event or make an announcement, but that"s not stopping Microsoft, as the company today announced a one-day Xbox Live sale that will be held April 1.
In a post on his blog, Microsoft"s Larry Hryb, director of programming for Xbox Live, revealed nine downloads that will be on sale for the single-day event. The items being sold are as follows:
- Assassin"s Creed III Season Pass: 1,600 MS Points (originally 2,400 MS Points)
- Battlefield 3 Aftermath DLC: 600 MS Points (originally 1,200 MS Points)
- Fallout 3: Point Lookout DLC: 200 MS Points (originally 800 MS Points)
- Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta: 200 MS Points (originally 800 MS Points)
- Fallout 3: Broken Steel DLC: 200 MS Points (originally 800 MS Points)
- Fallout 3: The Pitt DLC: 200 MS Points (originally 800 MS Points)
- Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage DLC: 200 MS Points (originally 800 MS Points)
- Dishonored – Dunwall City Trials DLC: 160 MS Points (originally 400 MS Points)
- The Amazing Spider-Man Games on Demand: $19.99 (originally $49.99)
The sale coincides with the end of the current Xbox Live Spring Sale, which will also end April 1.
Microsoft"s been ramping up sales on Xbox Live in recent months, likely as the company is trying to maximize profits before the next-generation Xbox console is released. If a recent rumor is accurate, that console will be announced in May. The next Xbox is expected to be released this holiday season.
Source: Major Nelson | Image via Microsoft