The Liquid Jade Primo, Acer's Windows 10 Mobile flagship, was originally unveiled way back in September 2015, but it didn't go on sale until earlier this year. It took even longer to reach some markets, including the US, where it launched in July on the Microsoft Store, priced at $649.
That price is actually for a 'Liquid Jade Primo Bundle', which includes not just the handset itself, but also:
- Desktop dock for Continuum mode, allowing owners to use a mouse and keyboard with the phone when connected to a larger display
...although you'll have to bring your own display to the party.
Now, until September 6, Microsoft is offering 15% off the bundle, cutting $100 off its regular price, reducing it to $549.
The Liquid Jade Primo's key specs include:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920x1080px) AMOLED screen
- Hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB storage (plus microSD card support up to 128GB)
- 21MP rear camera with dual-LED flash and 4K (3840x2160px) video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera with Full HD (1920x1080px) video recording
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- USB Type-C connector
- 4G LTE connectivity
- Dual-SIM support
- 2800mAh battery
- 156.5 x 75.9 x 8.4mm; 150g
The Liquid Jade Primo's specs are roughly equivalent to the Lumia 950, the smaller of Microsoft's Windows 10 Mobile flagships. Microsoft permanently reduced the 950's price to $399 last month, but you'll have to purchase a dock, mouse and keyboard separately with that device.
Source: Microsoft Store