Microsoft has announced the launch of its new Surface Plus program, offering "flexible financing options" for both individuals and businesses. The new plans will be available from today, and will be exclusively offered in the United States through Microsoft's website and its physical stores.
The Surface Plus plan for consumers is available for "qualified customers and subject to credit approval". It offers:
- Low monthly payments: Customers can purchase a Surface device with an easy, 24-month payment plan at 0% APR.
- Device upgrades: Customers can upgrade to the latest Surface after just 18 months.
- Dedicated Service & Support: Surface Plus offers best in class service and support from Microsoft Stores. Customers also have the option to add the Microsoft Complete extended service plan.
- Microsoft Store benefits: All customers who shop at Microsoft Store enjoy access to benefits like a 30-day hassle free return policy, a Surface training and health check as well as a year of free in-store support and technical assistance.
For organizations, the new Surface Plus for Business plan builds on Microsoft's existing Surface Membership program, but specifically targets small and medium-sized businesses. It offers new and existing customers:
- Multiple Surface models: Customers can add as many devices as they want into a single agreement and can have a mix of models across the Surface portfolio.
- The latest devices: Previously unavailable, customers can now finance a 55” Surface Hub in addition to the new Surface Pro, Surface Laptop, Surface Book, and Surface Studio to unlock the power of the group in their businesses.
- Office 365 for Business:. For an additional $8.25 per user per month, businesses can enjoy the ultimate productivity experience on Surface.
- Flexible Terms: Businesses can choose flexible 18, 24, or 30 month periods, with the ability to upgrade devices after just 12 months on a 24-month term (after 18 months on the 30-month term). Businesses can also expand or reduce their device fleet mid-term.
- Device Protection: Surface Plus for Business offers peace of mind with the Microsoft Complete for Business extended service plan with accidental damage protection.
For consumers, the ability to spread payments over two years, and to upgrade to a new Surface after a year and a half, will no doubt prove appealing to some buyers.
Many businesses are likely to appreciate the flexibility of longer or shorter payment plans, as well as being able to finance a wide range of hardware, including the 55-inch Surface Hub. Along with protection against accidental damage included in the plan, Microsoft seems to have ticked all the right boxes.
Source: Windows Blogs